Five: Invisible

First, I would like to say this: I love writing this story, and I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's in mixed points of views, so it should be a bit more interesting now.

And I have decided that Gigi will be played by the lovely Taylor Momsen. 

Pic of her on the right -------------->

Anyway, to the story!

Hermione's POV

I stepped out of the Slytherin common room, and started walking towards the Potions class. Then somebody bumped into me, and knocked my books down. A stupid Hufflepuff first year.

"You stupid git! Watch where you're going!" I screamed at the boy.

He ran away. I smirked, and picked up my books. Then I continued to the Potions class. Professor 
Slughorn was my least favorite professor; he loved the Gryffindors and ignored my house. Today in Potions we were hopefully going to brew the Draught of Living Death. I've been waiting to brew it since second year, when I successfully made Polyjuice Potion. 

The Chamber of Secrets had opened, and Ginny Weasley had convinced me to help Draco Malfoy by making the potion for him. Normally I wouldn't, but Ginny is my friend, and I owed her for helping my out a million times. 

Briefly I wondered if Harry would be in class today, or if he would skip again. Lately, Harry had been skipping class for some reason. Pansy has been skipping too, which makes me assume that they're together. 

What did he see in her that I didn't have? I wish Harry would love me. I'd fancied Harry since second year, but he only has eyes for Pansy. Ron seemed depressed about this as well; when I'd told him, he'd seemed just as annoyed as I was. 

I should stop thinking about this. The whole thing just depressed me. 

When I got in the Potions room, nobody from my Slytherin posse was there, but Ginny Weasley was. We were the only two in the room. So I quietly slipped over to where she was sitting.

"Hey Ginny." I said.

She looked up from her Potions book, and smiled at me. "Oh, hi Hermione."

We were friends, but secretly. Both of our groups of friends would hate us if they knew, so we kept it secret. But I sometimes wished that we didn't have to. What was the point of the rivalry? Slytherin and Gryffindor were best friends. Why can't our houses get along? 

That's what I want to do by the end of the year. I want to make everyone understand that this rivalry was pointless, and it was okay to be friends with people from other houses. 

"Hey, Hermione? Are you okay? Is something wrong? It's Harry, isn't it?" She asked me. 

I sighed. "He still doesn't notice me. He's all wrapped up with Pansy."

They'd been dating for weeks apparently. On the train, Pansy was telling all of us about her summer with Harry. They went to the beach, and the park. They visited family, and they went to every exciting place possible. My summer? I'd been with my parents, stuck in my room studying. Occasionally, I went to the Burrow with Ron, but I'd usually stayed at home. Being at the Burrow meant seeing Harry and Pansy being all lovey-dovey, and the sight sickened me. 

Who would want me, compared to Pansy? Pansy is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Then again, I haven't seen very many people I remember. But she was rich, and my family was middle class, something mocked in Slytherin house. I was pureblood, but that didn't matter, money and class are the only things that Slytherins cared about.