Six: A Bezoar

Luna's POV

I watched as Ron and Adele broke out into a fight. Not a physical one, but they were shouting at each other. Ron's ears were red with anger, and Adele practically had steam shooting out of hers. 

"That's not fair" Adele shouted. What wasn't fair? 

"Yes it is!" Ron yelled.

Ooh, this was getting interesting. I put down my edition of The Quibbler and listened more closely. 

"I'm just trying to help you! She'll move on if you don't tell her!" Adele yelled at him.

By now, the whole Great Hall was listening, even the teachers. Dumbledore was smiling, amusement lighting up his face. Snape even looked interested, which was different. Everyone stared at Ron, most likely wondering who "she" was.

"Adele, if you don't tell him, then he'll just date her instead." Ron said quietly. I don't know who else heard it, but definitely most of the Gryffindors did. I just have enhanced hearing, because of a potion my mum made before she died. Since then, I've had really good hearing when I want it. 

She glared at Ron, and walked out of the Great Hall. Ron sat back down, and then everybody continued their own conversations. Dumbledore and Snape eventually tore their gazes away from Ron and continued talking with the other staff members. 

Neville and Isabella were talking on the other side of the hall. I tried to listen in, but even my hearing wasn't that good. Isabella laughed. Ron shot her a glare from the other end of the hall. 

I vaguely wondered what that was about. Obviously, Ron and Adele both had crushes. Hm. I wondered if Adele's crush was Neville. If it was, I would hex her. 

"Luna, what are Nargles?" Gigi asked me.

That girl was really annoying. She stuck to you like glue all the time, and wouldn't stop asking questions. She spread rumours too. I would know, with the whole Harry incident. 

I really hope he hasn't heard about that.

"Gigi, just go away." I said. 

I decided to follow Adele, and got up from my seat. Adele was already out of the Great Hall, so she probably is just outside. She might be going anywhere, I had to find her now.

"Luna, wait!" Gigi said, running after me.

Oh Merlin, she's almost caught up to me. Does that girl not understand anything? Can't she see that everyone hates her?

When she caught up with me, I smacked her. "Do you not understand what go away means?"

Gigi's face was red now, I couldn't tell if it was from me, embarrassment, or anger, or all three. For a second, I felt bad, but then forced it away. Gigi had spread rumors about me, and I slapped her- it's a fair trade.

"Fine then." She huffed angrily, and headed to the common room. Good thing she's finally gone. 

Oh right, Adele! I looked around, and spotted her brown hair heading up the steps. Good lord, she's probably going to the common room. With a sigh, I raced up the stairs, which was quite hard, since they changed. 

Right now, I was only about a flight of stairs away from her, and we were almost at the top. When I reached the top, I saw Adele racing down a corridor. I chased after her just in time to hear the password "Lemon Drop". 

"Lemon Drop." I told the Fat Lady. She looked at me, annoyed. "You're not a Gryffindor! How do you know the password?"

"I heard my friend say it just now. I really need to talk to her, so please let me in." I said.