Seventeen: Remind Me Never To Pass A Note Again

Adele's POV

"Adele, pass this to Seamus." Fred whispered, handing me a note.

I rolled my eyes, but nevertheless grabbed it. "What is it?"

"Don't read it. Just give it to Seamus." George said.

"Fine." I hissed.

I tapped Neville on the shoulder. "Neville! Give this to Seamus."

"Sure. Is it a love note?" He asked me.

I made a face. "Ew, no. Just give it to him. It's... instructions for Potions." I said the first thing that popped into my head.

Neville grinned. "I could use some help with Potions."

"Neville, don't open it!" I hissed.

"Quiet!" Snape shouted.

Neville unfolded the note and scanned it. Then he passed it along to Seamus. Seamus also read the note, and grinned at me.

The twins glared at me. "What?" I asked.

Fred drew a finger across his throat, and I gulped. Suddenly, I had a bad feeling about what was coming.

I think my eardrums burst as I heard a huge boom. Once the smoke cloud cleared away, Neville and Seamus were both covered in something green and slimy.

Fred and George cracked up. The girls in the class screamed and left the room. The guys laughed hysterically, some falling out of their chairs.

Emily was the last one out the door, screaming bloody murder. I felt guilty momentarily, but then I remembered it wasn't my fault. I turned to give the twins a death glare.

That was the moment I realized that the strange green slime covering Neville and Seamus was all over me too. I bit my tongue and silently counted from one to ten, turning to face the twins.

"Once I get out of the Hospital Wing, you're so dead." I glared, walking out of the room.

"Not so fast, Ms. Middleton." Professor Snape said, his cold eyes gazing at me. "Mr. Finnigan here claims that this was your fault."

"Professor, I didn't-" I started, but then stopped. I knew what had happened.

Behind my back, I gave Fred and George the finger. "Professor, I didn't do anything."

"Yes you did!" Seamus shouted. "You gave me that stupid note, which was supposed to help me finish the potion without the room exploding!"

"But I was just passing that on, I didn't write it!" I shouted. "Fred and George gave it to me!"

They looked hurt. "Adele, I'm ashamed. Why would you lie? Seamus only thought you sent it, because your name obviously must've been on the note." George said, grinning.

Oh no they did not.

"Yes, it's signed as Adele here, Ms. Middleton. You have some explaining to do."

"I didn't do anything, those two signed my name!" I pointed at the twins.

"Ms. Middleton, as much as I want to believe it was them, and believe it, it would be good to have them expelled, it clearly wasn't. They didn't pass this note to Mr. Longbottom and Mr. Finnigan, and their names aren't signed. They didn't ruin my classroom, and get a dangerous potion all over my students!" Snape said.

It had indeed gotten over most of the students, who had left screaming to the Hospital Wing.
"Miss Middleton, you have detention for the next week. My office at eight." Snape said.