Epilouge

His breath swirled in front of him like smoke from the mouth of an idle dragon, visible in the cold air of the December afternoon. They'd had a fairly mild winter so far, but the temperatures had dropped drastically in the past two weeks and a crisp blanket of snow covered the ground. The white forest seemed so peaceful in comparison to the havoc that seemed to trail behind him. Once he'd met her, he'd felt as if the  havoc that encompassed him had significantly dissipated.  When she'd been taken from him, he'd been left alone to face his inner demons alone. 

"Are you alright?" 

A faint smile found it's way onto the boy's face and her dropped his arm around the girl's shoulder, pulling her close and drinking in her warmth. Her delicate shoulders were hunched against the cold wind and newly fallen snow had begun to collect on the top of her head. The boy couldn't hold back a grin. He pulled off his hat and gently covered the girl's (y/h/c) hair.

When he'd gotten her back, he'd felt a new sense of purpose. He'd decided to dedicate himself to protecting her. His every second, every breath was hers.

"I'm fine," the boy smiled.

"Are you sure? You've got that 'I'm a tortured adolescent' look."

"I do not," he snorted.

"You do too, but it's kind of cute," she smirked.

"Did you just flirt with me using an insult?"

"I wouldn't call it an insult. I said it was cute, didn't I?"

The boy just rolled his eyes and kissed the girl's forehead. She blushed and he grinned. Even though they were engaged now, he still felt like they were little kids who weren't sure how to act around each other. He found this utterly adorable. He pulled her hand from her pocket and entwined his fingers with hers, running this thumb over her engagement ring.

"So kawaii!" The boy's best friend squealed from behind them.

"BEN, you totally just ruined the moment," the boy sighed.

"There will be more," the girl shrugged with a laugh.

"Ew," a pale boy chimed in. "Gross (Y/N)."

"Oh shut up," (Y/N) growled.

"Great, first BEN ruins our moment and then Jeff makes sex jokes. Thanks guys."

"No problem," BEN and Jeff say in unison. 

"And who said I was making sexual references?" Jeff snorted. "Very presumptuous of you, Toby. Did (Y/N) know about these fantasies of yours?" 

"All about them," Toby snorted.

"Don't encourage him!" (Y/N) yelped and slapped Toby's arm lightly.

"Okay, that's disgusting," a monochrome girl shuddered. "I don't think I'm hungry anymore."

"You better eat, Jane!" (Y/N) warned. "You know how long it took me to make all that food."

"Let's just hope we can suffer through until desert. Masky made it," Jane smirked.

"Hey, I make totally edible food!" (Y/N) pouted.

"That's only half of cooking, dude," BEN pointed out.

"You're going to shut up and eat it and you're gonna be freaking pleased about it," (Y/N) glared.

"Such hostility," a boy in a blue mask laughed. "I'm sure it's not that bad."

"I don't know, EJ," Toby squirmed. "You've never had her cooking before."