Chapter 18

"(Y/N)," Dr. Smiley whispered in your ear. You shuddered as his breath tickled your skin and tried your hardest to turn away from him. He laughed and walked behind your head. You heard a click and you began to rise upwards. Slowly the metal table you were laying on rose into a vertical position until you were hanging on it by the straps around your wrists and ankles. You bit back a cry as gravity went to work and the leather straps cut into the skin of your wrists.

"Comfortable?" Dr. Smiley chuckled as he walked back around and stood in front of you. The blood in your arms and head was rushing to your toes and you felt dizzy. You dropped your head into the crook between your shoulder and your raised arm and took deep breaths.

"You'll get used to it," Smiley sneered. "In the mean time, I sure am enjoying the view. Red is your color."

You froze and looked down. You'd passed out again a few minutes after that horrible hissing creature had arrived and you'd only woken up a few minutes ago. Instead of the black dress you'd been wearing when you were taken, you were now wearing a red dress and red flats. The dress fit perfectly, but it was uncomfortably short, falling at least three inches above mid-thigh. The material was fitted around your chest, but was loose and flowy after it hit your belly button and the sleeves reached your elbows.

"I'm glad it fits nicely," He chuckled. It made you feel uneasy that he was right, it was just your size.

"You're not a talkative one, are you?" Smiley frowned.

"What would you like to chat about?" You snapped.

"Let's talk about our plans, shall we?"

"Our plans?" You scoffed. "We don't have any plans."

"We certainly do, unless you want something unfortunate to happen to your little boyfriend," Doc grinned.

"Don't you dare touch him," you growled.

"Then be cooperative," Doc shrugged.

"Fine, talk."

Jeff had felt uneasy since he and his friends (and Jane) had left the Rake's tunnel. His words echoed in the back of his mind.

Her, hmmm? Her?

He got the feeling that the Rake knew a lot more than he was letting on; and on top of that, the group's next stop made him even more uncomfortable.

Chills had run down Jeff's spine when he'd heard that it was the Skin Taker that was involved in (Y/N)'s disappearance. Jeff and the Skin Taker had a history together that no one in the mansion was aware of. They weren't necessarily pals, but the chatted occasionally.

The Skin Taker had been the one who'd introduced him to the sketchy octochick with the wandering tentacles. He'd shown up behind the Mansion that night with her under his arm. He'd claimed that he had business to attend to and he needed someone to entertain his date while he was away.

"Jeff?" BEN whispered beside him, startling him out of his thoughtful trance.

"What?" Jeff snapped, a little too aggressive.

"Woah man," BEN growled, "No one is in a good mood either, but there's no need to be so touchy."

"Sorry," Jeff grumbled, "What is it?"