33. What has Bollywood taught me?

"WATCH OUT, YOU STUPID ZARINE!" Firoza screamed as she sat beside her daughter who was driving The Trio to the airport

"WATCH OUT, YOU STUPID ZARINE!" Firoza screamed as she sat beside her daughter who was driving The Trio to the airport. "THERE'S AN OLD MAN CROSSING THE ROAD DON'T HIT HIM!"

"Mummyyy," groaned Zarine. "I have been driving perfectly fine all this time. It's not like I have hurt people ever while driving. I don't know why you find the need to give me advice and that too in such a loud voice. We have other people with us."

Firoza scowled, "Why did I have to get the most ill-mannered, ungrateful child in the world? You see, boys, what I have to live with?"

"I don't know why you're coming along to the airport anyway," mumbled Zarine.

"You kids need an adult with you for safety and wisdom," came the reply.

"Thank you, aunty," said Cristiano, smiling sweetly.

Zarine shot him a glare through the rear-view mirror.

Soon they had reached the airport and Zarine and Firoza accompanied them till the spot visitors are allowed.

"Do you all have your boarding passes?" Firoza asked.

Cristiano and James replied, "Yes, aunty."

"Gareth, do you have your boarding pass?"

"Yes, ma'am," Gareth said quickly, tearing his eyes away from the giant bronze elephant statue that was adorning the huge hall.

Firoza surveyed them, "Have you all attached the cabin luggage tags?"

"Yes, ma'am," came the replies. Cristiano shot Zarine a smile.

"Good, good," Firoza looked at them, tears in her eyes. "I've only known you all for less than a day but I'm going to miss you. Come here."

She said protective duas for them and hugged them. "Be good and reach home safely," she smiled.

James kissed her cheek, "You are a wonderful person, Firoza aunty."

Zarine's eyes shot wide and Cristiano and Gareth visibly stopped breathing as they waited for Firoza to spontaneously combust but she laughed it off, "You too, James, you too."

James stuck out his tongue at Gareth, "Heard that, Garry? I'm wonderful. You know what's not wonderful? You and your pineapple tree."

"Whatever," said Gareth.

Firoza patted him, "You're a really amazing guy, Gareth. Don't let him bully you."

"I'd rather be feared than pitied," James winked impishly to Zarine.

"And you, Cris, you're a good person," Firoza told him. "Now, go you three idiots, or you'll miss your flight. Go, khudahafiz."

"Goodbye," Cristiano said, wistfully looking Zarine.

She smiled back. This is the moment. If he loves me, he'll say it. Like, bruh, say what you feel. Cristiano, listen to my brain waves and let it go. Say the words. I've already told you I love you so it's your chance to say the words because GOSH WE ARE AT AN AIRPORT, YOU'RE GOING AWAY AND I'M STAYING BEHIND, THE SETTING IS SET, JUST FUCKING DO SOMETHING!

They waved and turning around, walk away, wheeling their suitcases and Zarine felt her heart slightly sink. She looked after them, keeping a watery smile on her face so that if they turn around they look at her strong, happy self because ugh I can't be going soft, I have a reputation to uphold.

Okay, okay, I needn't lose hope yet, right? What has Bollywood taught me? What has Shah Rukh Khan taught me?

"Agar ye tujhse pyaar karta hai toh ye palat ke dekhega." If he loves you, he will turn around to look at you. That was SRK's advice.

Yes, if Cristiano Fucking Ronaldo turns around, takes one last look at me, I'll know. I'll know that he feels something for me. So, how does Shah Rukh Khan do it?

She looked at Cristiano's back, the t-shirt defining his sculpted shoulder muscles, and concentrated.  If he loves me, he'll turn around.

Palat, she mentally willed. Turn.

He was walking away, getting smaller and smaller in the distance.

Well, it's three tries, right?

Palat, she nearly begged.

He was laughing and talking like he didn't have a care in the world. She fumed. You're supposed to like be in love with me, Cris. Don't look so happy to go away.

He was nearing the gate from where he would disappear from her vision.

Palat, turn for God's sake, she watched him and slowly, nearly at the last moment, Cristiano turned. He seemed to sense that she was still watching him and he raised a hand in farewell.

Zarine laughed aloud. So, maybe, maybe this meant something. Something like he actually loved her and that would be super-

"Stop laughing like a madman," Firoza snapped. "People are staring."

The question that now arises, Zarine, is what next?

"Please try not to drive so rashly," Firoza was saying but Zarine was already lost in her thoughts. "I would love to reach home in one piece."

The next day she would find an email from Cristiano but right now, she had no idea of it and couldn't help wondering the same thing...over and over again...what next?

[ WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THERE IN THAT EMAIL?

ZARIANO will be back in action in next chapter. This is one ship that's going to sail at full speed.

Song: Palat Meri Jaan (literally Turn Around, My Love) by the hawt hawt Ali Zafar.

Btw one of us is having her mock 12th exams and one is swamped with college work but don't worry, this story, you guys and Zariano are our priority.

Support Zariano by voting and commenting! We'll update soon x]