20. so formal and courteous

"Oh my god, it's you!" Zarine squeaked

"Oh my god, it's you!" Zarine squeaked. "I mean, hey, Cristiano."

He laughed at the other end, "Your voice sounds all weird. Were you sleeping?"

"It's late here so yes, I was sleeping because that's what normal humans do at night?" she snapped back. How dare he call my voice weird?

He grumbled, "Forgot about the time difference. Sorry for robbing you of your beauty sleep."

"Nah, it's okay."

"You needn't be so formal and courteous, Zarine," he grinned.

Zarine smiled, "Okay, well, if you want the truth...YES, YOU SHOULD BE SORRY FOR DISTURBING MY BEAUTY SLEEP!"

He was laughing again, "That's the acid-tongued Zarine I know."

"I feel like you like it when I'm mean to you," she asked suspiciously.

"I like when you're yourself," he said.

"What are you trying to say? That I'm myself when I'm mean?" but she was smiling. Talking with Cristiano was strangely soothing. You'd think he'd make you feel all hyper and uncomfortable but no, his deep, steady voice was comforting. He calmed you into a sense of security like in the same way close friends do. Soon, you lose all inhibition and start talking about the normal even embarrassing incidents of your life and that was what was happening to Zarine.

Yes, she was a fangirl of THE Cristiano Ronaldo but times like these, it felt like they were two ordinary friends talking on the fun, laughing at and with each other.

"So, long training huh?" she asked.

"No, I usually practice around four hours. Did an extra hour because El Clasico is next week and we needed to work on some BBC strategies."

"Wow you guys actually call yourself BBC. I thought only us fans did. Wait you practice four hours usually?"

"Yeah," he said it as if it was nothing.

"I cannot exercise for even fifteen minutes," she groaned. "How do you guys manage it?"

"See, babe, I'm a professional," he laughed. "But, yes, pretty awesome of me."

THERE HE GOES AGAIN. SHIT HE CALLED ME BABE AGAIN, AGAIN, DO YOU HEAR ME? AGAINNNN!

"Uh-" He called me babe wtf "-uh-"Babe, he said. Does this mean anything? Does it? This is so confusing. Does he like me? He doesn't even know me? I'm just a girl he met on Omegle. "He probably has nothing better to do, otherwise why would he waste his time talking to me."

There was sigh at the other end, "Zarine, I can swear that this conversation has not been a waste of time. Talking to you just made my day better."

"OH SHIT I SAID THAT ALOUD!?"

"Yeah," he laughed. "You should sleep. It must be way past your bed time."

"I'm not a kid, Cristiano."

"I sometimes wonder," he continued laughing.

"You know what, you're the childish one," she said.

He stopped laughing and said softly, "Only when I'm with you."

[ Hey, guys. Hope you enjoyed their conversation. OMG HE CALLED HER BABE AGAIN. Zarine, he likes you. Don't be so blind XD

Please, please vote+comment. We love to hear your thoughts.

P.S. #zariano videochat coming soon ;) ]