40. OHMYGOD HE'S GOING TO KISS ME

It wasn't a long drive so it went in Zarine exclaiming how surprising well Cristiano had put the eyeliner, "Like HOW? How did you manage to put it so well? This is the first time my eyes don't look droopy

It wasn't a long drive so it went in Zarine exclaiming how surprising well Cristiano had put the eyeliner, "Like HOW? How did you manage to put it so well? This is the first time my eyes don't look droopy."

He smiled, his long arms turning the steering wheel easily while he looked ahead trying to gauge whether they had taken a wrong turn or not, "Zarine, it's time you stopped being surprised by my many talents."

"Are we lost?" she asked, following his eyes.

"Umm, wait, is that-We're going right, thankfully. See that cut over there, that's Perez's driveway...I think."

"You think!? Haven't you been to THE Perez's house-mansion-palace before? Are you sure we're at the right place? I can't see any people or birthday lights..."

Cristiano rolled down his window and the guard standing tall beside the driveway saluted and opened the gate. He looked triumphantly at the girl, "See, we're at the right place. He knows me."

She rolled her eyes, "Everyone knows you, idiot. This driveway is never ending. Are you sure we're at the right place? I have this nightmare, you know, I'm on a dark, loooong, loooong road which never ends."

"Its the right place," he assured. "I remember it. The house is a bit in the interior."

Slowly, almost lethargically, the driveway snaked toward a marvellously lit mansion. The windows gleamed with light and shadows and the sound of laughter, music and glasses being held together greeted the duo as the stepped outside the car. A waiting chauffeur collected Cris's car keys and drove away.

Cristiano slipped his hand through Zarine's hand and together they walked in through the huge ivory and ebony door which was held open by an expressionless valet. Inside the house, it was immediately much warmer and louder. She gripped his hand tighter, a shy blush creeping up to her cheeks and spreading over her face. Shit there are so many people here.

He seemed to be totally unfazed by the crowd, confidently greeting whoever he met and OH NO he's introducing me! Don't. It's okay, I'll just disappear into the background. Ugh, I'm still holding his nice, warm and lovely hand. Maybe if I pry off my fingers slowly, he'll not notice.