18. This was a bad idea

"Ola? Hello?"

"Ola? Hello?"

"Um, its me," Zarine's voice came in lower than a whisper.

"I can't hear a thing, guys, keep it low, please!" Cristiano was saying probably to his teammates judging by the sounds. "Hello, who is this?"

"H-hey, its Zarine," she said trying to sound as confident as possible but failing.

"Who?"

Great, she thought. He doesn't even remember me. She swallowed and said tightly, "Never mind. This was a bad idea."

She was about to cut the call when he said, "Wait, wait, is that you?" And now he sounded nervous as if he couldn't believe that this was happening, as if he couldn't allow himself to believe that it was happening until he was really totally sure.

"For the last time, its Zarine, Cristiano," she said.

"Oh my God, you called me," he sounded so surprised.

He sounded so cute when he was surprised. Wish I could see him right now. No, don't lose control here, Zarine. Act cool. Fake it till you make it. Show him that talking to celebrities is totally normal for you, she told herself while a huge, huge smile spread across her face as she tried to control herself from laughing out crazy and giddy.

"Yeah, okay, stop behaving all weird and shit. You were talking just fine seconds ago."

He laughed.

Oh shit, was this even real? Was she seriously talking to the love of her life? The footballer she had dreamt about from since forever? The man whose face covered so many inches of the walls of her room? How could this be happening? Do not let him know you're freaking out, Zarine, she firmly chanted. Don't embarrass yourself. Don't. Do not scare him by your slight (HUGE) obsession with him.

"Anyway, I didn't really want to call but since you haven't been online I-" she trailed off.

"Go on," he was saying, "say you missed me. You know you did."

"No, I didn't," she replied. "You have a big ego, Cristiano." Woah, she nearly sounded like her non-fangirl, sarcastic-omegle self here. Yay.

"C'mon, just admit," he was grinning now, all nervous gone.

She wasn't going to admit the truth so she just said, "I was just curious as to what happened to you. Where have you been? And don't say your phone broke because that would be ironic."

Someone in the background yelled, "Don't be a slowpoke, Cris."

Someone else laughed, "He's talking to his Mum probably."

Cristiano laughed again, "Shut up. I'll beat your ass anyway." He had a nice, deep laugh, Zarine decided and nearly fangirled but stopped herself in time. He spoke in a low voice, "Listen, babe, I'll call you in a bit. Practice is just about to start. Okay?"

"Yeah, sure," she said as if she was totally cool.

"Bye."

"Bye."

[ OMG THEY SPOKE ON THE PHONE. THEY HEARD EACH OTHER'S VOICES. Had so much fun writing this. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :) love ya'll.

and of course, VOTE AND COMMENT.

BTW we posted a new story featuring Karim Benzema called "Snapchat". Please go check it out on our profile. You'll love it. Thanks :* ]