39. He left his credit card lying around!?

Zarine yawned and grabbed the sticky note from the fridge door

Zarine yawned and grabbed the sticky note from the fridge door. Where was Cristiano?

"Hey, bom dia! Had an early morning practice. Didn't want to disturb your beauty sleep. Will be back for lunch. Breakfast is in the fridge." Here a line had been crossed out and was followed by "And there's a party in the evening. Wanna come? Love, Cris. P. S. Left my credit card on the counter if you need it for anything."

He left his credit card lying around!? What if I was a psycho shopper and racked up huge bills? How could he even trust me with this? A slow smile spread over her features, Wait, why am I even worrying about this? CRISTIANO FUCKING RONALDO left me his card! Does this even have a limit? Not that I'm going to use it. *sigh* I'm a strong, independent woman. I'm not using his card. Bleh.

She fingered the "Love, Cris" part of the message. It was unnerving how they already sounded like a married couple. She kept the note back and went upstairs.

Woah, woah, stahp overthinking, Zarine. You're his guest. Be the part. Don't exaggerate.

"OMG I'M IN CRISTIANO'S BATHROOM HELL YEAH!" she screamed and took a selfie in his shower. There is no calming down for a full-time fangirl, of course.

She brought her toiletries from her room and decided to deposit them on one side of the basin counter when she realised that Cristiano's stuff was sprawled across it. She couldn't read the names because they were in Spanish but most of them looked like hair gel. She grinned devilishly and pushed all off them to one side and set her toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and shampoo on one side.

After a breakfast of bread and jam with coffee she settled on the couch to read through some of her stuff for her upcoming first day at job. She giggled as she thought about it. Zarine Hasan, a Professor at D.U. Eeep!

She loved her work, she loved poring over books and getting lost in them, meeting new characters, understanding their pain and living their happiness and of course, shipping people. She was deep in thought over a piece of Modernist criticism when she heard the main door click open. She looked up, dazed and slightly confused, having totally forgotten where she was, "Huh?"