30. "She doesn't like broccoli?"

"Okay, guys, I love you three but please, please do not do anything crazy in front of Mummy," Zarine told the three men standing beside her as she paused before her doorbell

Immediately they started speaking at once. James laughed, "You're scared of your Mummy?"

Cristiano only heard the "I love you" bit and was smiling like he couldn't have heard anything better in his life. "You're literally the most amaz-"

Gareth was worrying (of course), "Oh your Mum doesn't know we're coming?"

"Yeah," she twiddled her thumbs nervously. "See, I need an excuse to explain why three guys are coming to lunch."

"We could come later," Cristiano said, helpfully. "I really don't want to bother you or your family. I do want to make a good impression, you know."

James clapped his hand, "Yes, lunch, OMFG, I'm hungry."

Gareth raised his hand, "We could be your mates from college."

"You actually speak like that," she said absent-mindedly. "If I wasn't looking for excuses, I would have fangirled."

"Er-thank you?"

She paced beside the bemused men. "And that was a really good excuse except Mummy knows you guys. She watches all the matches so..."

"Wow your mother is cool," Cristiano said.

"She likes me?" James asked.

"Yeah she likes all of you," Zarine was answering on autopilot. Internally she was thinking, Maybe I could say I found them starving on the road and because she's always told me to be good to those who are in need, I brought them along? Yeah, that could work except it sounds very improbable. The BC of BBC and James Rodriguez starving on the road? Nah.

Maybe I could say they uh kidnapped me and lunch is their ransom? WHAT EVEN ZARINE THAT WAS SO NOT A GOOD EXCUSE. Uh, maybe I could be like they decided to study at my college and we became friends so I just brought them along to my house? Ugh that only happens in fanfics...