| Chapter 23 | Broken Long Ago

> Picture of Chi Cho Wan <

The kiss lasts for only 10 seconds before we are pulled apart from each other. My eyes are still wide in shock as I just can't believe what's happening. Without even bothering to look at the others' reactions to this, I already know how shocked everyone is.

The girls are squealing as half of them have already fainted. Lero has rush over to Sung Gun holding him by the collar before raising a fist punching his friend in the face. Sung Gun falls backward emotionless as Lero gets on top of him before trying to punch him again. But the other boys hold him back to not cause any more harm to the Korean male.

The girls who haven't fainted are screaming for them to stop fighting as they try to help. Lero is strong, but he can't overcome the power of more than 10 boys as he tries to injure Sung Gun again.

Instead, he injuries the boys around him as there are anger in all their eyes, mostly in Lero's. The others didn't let their anger take over them as they try to calm their friend down. As they continue to fight, they finally calm Lero down by pinning him to the ground. The girls help Sung Gun get up while looking at the huge bruise forming on his face.

For me, I am also standing there but not doing anything to help as I was in shock. Staring at the scene of my friends, my fingers skim on the top of  my lips.

This is the beginning of my Christmas.

~~~~~

"Guys." I call out, "I'm perfectly fine so would you stop squishing me?"

After our 'incident' with Sung Gun and I, most of the boys who I've known very well are crowding around me glaring and growling at each male who come near. Especially Sung Gun who's just at the side with his arms crossed as all the girls crowd around him trying to get him to talk.

Such a popular man, huh?

It was hard to calm Lero, but eventually he did cool down. Though he's the one that's squishing me the most between him and Maki.

I won't be able to get out of this situation anytime soon cause their concentration of their surroundings evolve by the secong.

"No way, Octave. We're not allowing anyone to get near you." Shiro narrows his eyes at everyone passing by not exactly glaring.

Wait. Not glaring?

I gasp to myself.

He can't glare!

"Shiro, can you not glare?" I ask in total shock.

"What? I can glare!" He defends himself now all having the attention of our friends before he blushes and mumbles, "When I want to."

I've got to say, sometimes he can be quite cute and not annoying. Despite him being the tallest of the whole group.

"Bro, it's fine. Leave the man's job to the men." Jason pats Shiro's shoulder.

"I can glare!" Shion tries to defend himself.

As the boys start to have a friendly argument with a frustrating Shion, I sneak out of the group. The girls don't notice this as they were watching the boys with giggles. That's when I use this chance to take Sung Gun's wrist and start rushing off without them realizing.

Without stopping, I just run down the streets hoping I can get as far away from them so I can talk to Sung Gun. But before we get too far, Sung Gun snaps his arm back to himself. I stop and look back at him in confusion.

"Sung Gun?" I ask tilting my head.

"We should go back. The others will be looking for us." He dodges once again getting me to frown and grab his wrist again.

"I'm not letting you go until you tell me what's going on and why did you get jealous!" I fight as I nearly shout.

He doesn't reply as he looks away.

"Sung Gun!" I raise my voice louder hoping he'll answer me.

He ignores me.

"Please? I'm begging you! I don't want you to break your bonds with your friends. Just tell m - " I start to beg as I really can't take our group breaking.

"It's because I was jealous!" He finally reveals by shouting louder than me grabbing the attention of others around us.

"Jealous? Why and of who?" I ask in confusion trying to sound gentle.

"Of the guy who took your first kiss! Who else?!" He looks down with a hurt face before mumbling, "You stupid girl."

That's how he stuns me in shock.

He's jealous of the first guy I kissed?

I even gasp slightly to myself as I see him crying as I stand there in shock of what's happening.

"Why are you jealous?" I ask in a quiet voice with confusion.

*You have to be this stupid, seriously?*

"Because! I love you! Haven't you realize yet? I love you, Octave Reiner! I've loved you since the time you've first joined our choir. How you were underestimated so much, even so, you sang like an angel! I love you!" He shouts as I widen my eyes with my body going limp.

He loves me? He loves me? Why?

My heart starts to tighten.

Grabbing his face with my hands on his cheeks, I get him to look at me straight in the eyes and smile gently.

"Sung Gun, you may not been my first kiss. But I'll tell you this, you were the first sincere boy who has told me he loved me and even kissed me." I wipe his tears with my thumb as he just continues to cry.

"First sincere?" He asks in confusion as I begin to sadden at the memory.

"Yes, the first sincere one. Who loves this pathetic me and would kiss me. You're the first one."

"What do you mean?" He asks.

My smile becomes strain.

"My first kiss. Wasn't as happily ever after as I thought it would be. There was no spark and no love." I explain simply before adding on, "I was used. I was used by a man who I thought I loved and he loved me back. But he never did, he only used me to get revenge. Revenge on my brothers and my friends. That's all there was to it."

That's when I start to cry as the tears slip down my eyes without my permisson as the memories start to show up.

My heart has been broken a long time ago.