| Chapter 17 | Evil Sparkling Eyes

> Picture of Uni Oshiwa <

Claps and cheers are given out loudly by the audience leaving my heart to not have a heart attack.

Sighing in relief, I let go of Rika's hand as she's using Derrick's arm to cry on as he starts telling her to stop as it's ruining his skin with her mascara.

"Did you actually think that they won't like it?" Jason chuckles slightly beside me getting me to sulk as he just smiles.

"If they didn't like it, Lero might have went on a rampage to teach them a lesson of amazing music!" Maki pipes in as he's also quite troubled with Naya crying on him.

I laugh at the prediction before Owen stretches out his arms, "What's wrong?"

"Aren't you going to be like the rest of the girls and cry in a man's embrace?" he raises an eyebrow slyly.

I give him a look of disbelief before rolling my eyes and hugging him,"I'm not going to cry but I will be okay with hugging you."

He laughs halfheartedly before squeezing me in a tight hug. When we release, the audience is still clapping at our performance. Smiling at our accomplishment, Mr Edison gestures us to get off the stage which we do after the curtain closes.

"Octave, you did it!" The teacher gets me into a deathly hug which I almost die from.

Seeing me being crushed, everyone tries to save me as they help their teacher get off of me.

We girls turn to each other and hug one another letting out squeals of joy. The boys just watch with smiles before embracing me into small hugs too. Our first meeting may not have been the best, but as we spent more time with each other, we easily got along.

A smile still places on my lips as I watch them hug each other too. Our choir group is connecting as they have become closer. I still remember when they were just classmates with each other, but now they're true friends. And I'm blessed to have friends like them

After minutes of joy with each other, we had to get back to the meeting getting us to change our clothes. Happy to be back in my black tank-top matching my hot pink hoodie and denim shorts, I skip out of the changing room to meet with the others. When we're all together, we get lead back to our table as people compliment us during our way.

Sitting down in my seat between Lero and Arions, I give out another sigh of relief as everyone's attention turn towards the stage again as the producer of the meeting continues his speech.

Minutes pass until he finishes, everyone claps at the end of his speech. He then raises his head higher while putting a smirk.

"I also have another announcement, this may be sudden, but everyone knows about the international meetings, just like this one, happening all around the other countries." he states getting nods and mumbles of 'yes'.

"What does he mean?" I ask Lero beside me.

"You know how our school is ranked the tenth out of the best music schools in Japan? Well, you see, there's many meetings like this one but we're more of a lower-class one. The high class ones, the tops of each country have their meetings with only the numbers ones. Do you get it?" he tries to explain.

"I think so? So we're like the tenth rank meeting with other tenth rank schools around the country? Meaning there are higher class choirs from other countries?" I try to summarize getting him to nod.

Wow, I really need to study up on this choir program thing. It's already confusing me this much.

"Well, it seems like all the meetings, all ranks, will be put all together for the first time."the producer states getting gasps and shock looks," And, we'll be the ones to perform the main song. The international song. Meaning, I will like Avalon High to compose a song for this. If that'll be fine with your choir, Mr Edison."