| Chapter 21 | Sick

> Picture of Hubert Balik <

"I hate being sick." I croak snuggling myself to my warm blanket.

"Well, someone was crazy enough to go out in the winter cold with only a tank top and shorts. I wonder how they don't get a cold." The boy with golden blond hair beside me states pushing his black rimmed glasses up to show his dark chocolate brown eyes, "But since you got a cold. It means you're not an idiot."

"Should I say 'thanks' for that?" I ask sniffing from my running nose.

He sighs and puts his book down before getting a tissue to squeeze it on my nose, "Blow."

Blowing my nose, he takes away the tissue with snot and throws it in the garbage can.

"Isn't it disgusting? To touch the wetness of the snot?" I suddenly question getting him to look at me before chuckling cutely.

"I'm used to it. I have two little brothers that get sick sometimes and I'm the only ones that can take care of them." He smiles kindly that would get any kind of girl to fall in love with him.

"How about your parents?" I suddenly ask not thinking about any problems with them.

"They're busy with work." He answers simply getting me to regret asking now, "It's fine. It's not a depressing story, even though they are rarely home. I still love and enjoy the times they are here. It's not their fault that they have to work so they can take care of us."

I simply nod as a response since I'm speechless. Before we can continue our conversation, the knocks echo from the door getting both our heads to look that way.

"Come in." I croak getting a smack on the head.

"No talking and more resting." He frowns as I groan.

The door slides open to have two small heads pop out.

There, two boys both with blond hair appear. One seems like 10 years old while his blue eyes gleam with sparkles. The other one seems like 7 years old with grey eyes that watch intensely.

"Jean? Cori?"

"Who are they, Hubert?" I ask in shock to see two kids suddenly appear.

"Ah! They're my little brothers." He answers rushing over to the two as they smile seeing their older brother.

"Hubert!" They scream in their cute voices while hugging him.

"What are you two doing here?" Their older brother asks in confusion.

"We wanted to visit you before you fly off for your performance and wish you good luck." They answer innocently with huge smiles.

Hubert smiles ruffling both their messy hair, "Thanks."

They smile back holding their brother's hand before Hubert walks them over towards me.

"Guys this is Oc - " He looks down at them before quickly looking up at me, "Why do you have a nosebleed?!"

Letting go of his little brothers' hands, he starts rushing over to grab the tissues. Stuffing them to my nose as he stops the blood from coming out, he sighs.