RIVAL

Chapter 10: Rival.
(Y/N) POV:
Rin burst through the doors of the dormitory, leaving small scorch marks where his hands touched. Panicking at the thought of what he may do I scrambled to my feet and chased after him, I could feel the warmth still on the doors as I made my way inside. My stomach dropped looking at the scene in front of me. Rin had his brother pinned against a wall and yukio had his gun drawn, this was my fault. All of this was my fault. I had to try and do something about it, I couldn't just let rin hurt his brother. I know he would regret it. Without thinking I ran toward them and grabbed the back of rins shirt, using all of my strength I pulled him away from yukio. Only thing, I forgot about my new demon abilities and threw him across the room. I glared at yukio, "Put that thing away and don't you move from that spot or i'll throw you next." I sighed and walked over to Rin, kneeling next to him I put a hand on his chest. "Stay down and let me talk." Any uncertainty had left me, I needed to deal with what I had caused. I may not have an answer for them but I can't let them kill each other over that. "Do you really want to hurt yukio? I know you'd be hurting yourself more if you did. I don't resent yukio for acting the way he did Rin, what has happened will always be, I could get mad or upset at him but that wouldn't change the past. I understand that you can get jealous, but Rin, I haven't said I like you or yukio yet. So you acting out will only hurt your relationship with your brother, and I don't want to be the cause of mistrust or anger between you two. " I stood up and looked over to yukio then back to Rin, "If you guys give me a few days, I'll try and have an answer for you. About how I feel." I took a deep breath in, "Now if you two are done trying to kill each other, can we please have dinner?"

--Time Skip--

It has been a few days since the incident with Rin and yukio and ever since they have made it some kind of competition to see who will get me. Any time I have free time one of them will show up and try and do something for me, I mean it's flattering but kinda awkward and embarrassing. One time Rin just showed up at lunch covered in dirt with a bunch of flowers in hand, and another time yukio read me poetry in between two of my classes. Neither one of them seem to care who sees or hears what they are doing. I know they mean well but it's come to the point where i'm avoiding them, I can't focus or get anything done when they're around. I have been putting a lot of thought though in how to answer them, both of them are amazing people. Yukio is smart and protective, he's straightforward and caring in his own kind of way. He can be secretive though, and he tends to be very busy. Rin is very open and caring, he's very protective but is very obvious when he's jealous. He tends to be rash though, and not think things through very much. Both of them are sweet and have their flaws, but I can't seem to pick. I like both of them and wouldn't mind trying a relationship, maybe I could love one of them in the future. But I know if I pick one of them it'll break the others heart.

--Time skip--

I skipped school today. Rin was getting too good at finding me, even in my best hiding spots. I decided to spend the day in my dorm room with the door locked and my headphones in, my favorite song on repeat. I just wanted to relax for a bit. But apparently the universe likes to rain on my parade. As I was sitting there I heard the lock to my room unlock, I pulled my headphones out and practically jumped out of bed. Yukio opened the door and entered my room, when he saw me he looked baffled. "(Y/N)? Why aren't you at school?" He shook his head, "No, never mind that. Where have you been the last few days? Nether Rin nor I can seem to find you for longer than a few minutes a day." I felt bad, he looked worried. I never meant to worry them, I just didn't want to be around them for a bit, I needed time to think. "What are you doing in my room yukio? It was locked for a reason." He looked taken aback, "I needed to give you some documents, they have to do with the kidnapping incident." Now it was my turn to look taken aback. I walked over to him and took the documents. "Thanks, i'll read these later... Now if you could, please get out of my room." He seemed reluctant but he did. I sighed, even to myself that sounded bad. I sat down on my bed and started flipping through the documents, but nothing seemed to be sticking. The words blurred together and became meaningless. I flopped back and curled up in my blanket, sleep would be nice about now.

Dreams can be very weird and random sometimes, but other times they can bring you an answer to something you've been avoiding.
I was sitting on the floor in my bedroom, it was really dark and shadows cascaded over my surroundings. I could tell there was someone else in the room with me, I started looking around to see if I could spot them. I found them on my bed, a cocky grin across their face. Rin was sitting with an arm resting on one of his legs and his tail swishing behind him. My heart started to race, something wasn't right, I didn't want to be here yet. Not yet. He stood up from my bed and walked over to me, "My beautiful (Y/N), Why do you look so scared? I love you more than anything, I promise I won't hurt you." He leaned in closer with every word, until at the end he kissed me. The kiss was deep and passionate, and I couldn't help but return it. My body seemed to move on it's own, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. Then like a slap to the face I realized what I was doing, I pushed him away and tried to calm myself down. I couldn't just go around making out with people I found hot. Wait? Did I just think he was hot? I mentally screamed. Rin started to try and get closer to me, "Why did you do that (Y/N)? Do you not love me?" "NO! That's not it Rin you just surprised me." What the hell am I saying? It was at this point that I wanted to crawl under a rock, I felt two arms wrap around me from behind, "If you do love him, does that mean you don't love me?" It was yukio. I gasped and pushed his arms off me, practically running to the other side of the room I wanted to put a good distance between them and myself. In unison they said, "Which of us do you love?" I started to panic, I didn't know. "Both of you." My heart stopped, why did I say that? Why did my words not match what I was thinking? They both smiled and walked towards me, "That makes us so happy~" They both wrapped me in a big hug.

I woke up with a jolt. That dream, I wished i'd never had it. Because now I knew my answer, and I wasn't sure the twins would be okay with it.