Chapter 27

Chapter 27

The barbeque was in full swing as the sun began to set. People were dancing and laughing and children were still running wild as they kicked a ball around the back yard. I was less nervous than I was on arriving at the big house earlier. Everyone seemed to lose interest in me after a while and carried on with the evening as if I wasn’t there. I was surprised that a few of the more confident pack members said hello to me and even carried on a light conversation at times.

Mikah seemed happy as he chased the ball around with the children and had them all in fits when he slipped over backwards as he tried to kick the ball. Everyone was smiling and laughing and it caused a tight pang in my chest as I thought about all the love these people had for each other. Rex said they were like one big family and that’s all I could see when I looked out from the deck I was sitting on watching them all interact. Maybe, just maybe, one day I could be a part of this family too; me and Jax.

I was starting to feel tired and exhausted as my hang over set in at full force. I yawned and then smiled as I looked up to see Mikah watching me intently from across the yard.

“I’ll take you home soon,” Mikah said as he walked onto deck and sat on the chair next to me. “And then we can pick up where we left off?” Mikah whispered into my ear as he raised his eyebrows up and down with a grin on his face.

I laughed lightly and then held back another yawn that tried to escape. “As much as I would like to darling; I think I’m going to be dead on my feet in a minute.” I mocked as I leaned against Mikah’s broad shoulder.

Before Mikah could reply, Alpha Dayton came rushing out of the house and over to where we were sitting. “Mikah I need you inside now.” Was all he said before turning on his heels and heading over to his wife. I watched as Alpha Dayton whispered something into her ear and Catori’s smile vanished instantly as she followed him into the house.

“Is something wrong?” I asked Mikah, noticing the sudden change in the air as people stopped what they were doing and began to gather their belongs and a few ushered their children inside.

“Rogues,” Mikah said angrily as he stood from his chair. “Wait here while I go talk to my father,” Mikah said before kissing me lightly on the cheek and walking away.

I looked back over the yard and realised it was now near empty with only a few people left as they cleaned the leftover food and packed away the empty chairs and tables that were abandoned in a hurry. I stood from my chair unsure of what to do with myself as Caydence and two other girls walked on deck that I didn’t recognise.

“Well if it isn’t misses rogue bitch from the night before,” Caydence stated, while her friends smirked and laughed behind her.

I glared back at Caydence as I stood to my full height which was slightly shorter than Caydence’s own.

“What are you even doing here? Last I checked mutts like you weren’t aloud around our pack,” Caydence said as she crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot impatiently.

“I was just leaving,” I replied as I took a step away from her. My blood was boiling with fury as Caydence stared at me with a smirk plastered all over her make-up covered face. I wanted to say more but decided against it. This was her pack after all, and I didn’t want to cause trouble unless I needed to.

“You’re not going anywhere,” Caydence said angrily as she yanked onto my arm and pulled me hard.

My body swung around from the force of her yanking me and I growled quietly as I came face to face with Caydence who was still holding on painfully to my arm.