Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I took my flip flops off as we made our way down the bank towards the beach; I loved the feeling of warm sand on my feet. I was so full from lunch that a walk along the beach was just what I needed, I had learned a lot in the hour or so I spent in the diner with Rex. I was a little hesitant to ask him questions again, I didn't want him to think I was nosey or inconsiderate but I couldn't help myself. I was learning so much and knew deep down Rex would go back to his home and I would probably never see him again. I tried not to think about that, I liked Rex a lot and I knew it was going to hurt when he left.

"Do you come here often?" Rex asked breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Jax and I normally come here once a month, there's an awesome spot around the cliff up ahead, that's where will be having Jax's birthday this Friday."

"Sounds fun." He replied simply.

"Would you like to come? You could meet Jax." I asked hoping to sound casual.

I really wanted to see Rex again and I also wanted Jax to meet him. I knew Jax wouldn't like it at first but he would come around. It's not every day we meet someone like ourselves.

"I'd love to Storm, but I'm actually going home first thing in the morning."

"That's too bad, it's so soon, well have to keep in touch," I said with a sigh. "Come on, I want to show you our spot, it's not far," I said as I hooked my arm around his.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We're here," I said standing back to let Rex walk through the break in the trees.

It was just how we left it, which was lucky for me because it was one less thing to worry about this Friday. When we first found this spot it was a complete mess, there were broken trees and big rocks scattered all over the place. Jax and I spent an entire weekend cleaning it up, dragging the broken trees back into the forest and moving the rocks around so they could be used as seats. Good thing we had amazing strength because any normal human wouldn't have been able to move half the trees and rocks we did.

"Wow this place is great Storm," Rex exclaimed "You would never think it was here when you're standing on the other side of that cliff," he said as he pointed to the rocky bend.

"I know right, that's why no one really comes here. No one thinks to walk through the forest to get around it, We found it one night by accident when we were running," I beamed.

"Are you sure you should throw a party here? I mean what if someone wonders off?" He asked looking concerned.

"Well it's not really a party; it's just going to be a couple of our close friends. We'll probably just have a bonfire and camp out for the night." I shrugged. "Come on," I said while pulling him towards one of our rock chairs.

"I wish you could come." I said as we sat down.

"So do I, but my pack will be worried if I don't return on time, and my alpha will be pissed if I show up late," he replied.

"Your pack, they're like your family right?"

"Yeah they are, even if there not all related by blood," he stated.

"How many is there? In your pack I mean," I asked him.

He looked up at the sky in thought; he looked so good sitting here with the sun shining down on him making his eyes look lighter than usual.

"The numbers change all the time due to people finding their mates and the never ending supply of pups. Last time I checked there was just over four hundred or so. Once I take my place as beta of the pack I will have to keep track of things like that," he replied.

Four hundred! That blew my mind, to have so many people you could call family. I could tell by the way he spoke that he was proud to be a part of his pack, everything he explained was foreign to me. I started to wonder if maybe Jax and I belonged to a pack once upon a time and if we did then how come we were left by ourselves.

"What's a mate?" I suddenly asked.

"A mate, hmm how do I explain it?" He said aloud. "A mate is your other half, every wolf has one," he said simply.

"So a mates just your partner then?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"It's more than that Storm, do you believe in soul mates?" he asked.

I thought for a second.

"I don't know, I've never really had to think about it," I replied honestly.

"Well that's what they are; every wolf has another person that's made for them, and the moment you meet them you love them."

"You mean to tell me that I could bump into some guy next week and boom I love him?" I asked confused.

"Yup pretty much, I've been told that your mates scent alone is enough to make you love them. That once you meet them they are always on your mind, they become what you live for."

This didn't make sense. I mean soul mates for crying out loud, if I didn't see the seriousness in his face I would have thought he was having me on.

"So do you have a, you know a...mate?" I stuttered.

He looked away from me hiding his face; I didn't expect what he said next.

"No, I thought I might of but my wolf told me differently," he said turning towards me staring into my eyes. I reached forward and softly stroked the side of his face, he looked so sad it almost broke my heart, I knew he was talking about me and it saddened me just as much.

"Well who ever she is, she's a lucky girl," I said softly.

Short Chapter............I know sorry will get longer I promise.... Let me know what you think of the story so far