Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I watched as Mikah drove away and felt a little sad, but relieved all at the same time. He was gone for now but I was more than certain that I would see him again. I smiled as I thought of last night. His kiss, his touch, and his scent were so overwhelming; yet I couldn’t get enough of it. I sat down on the couch and leaned back into the cushions, thinking.

 I never thought anything like this would happen to me. The feelings I already feel for Mikah are something I’ve never felt before. I thought I loved Rex, but what I feel now doesn’t even compare. I wish I could speak to Rex. I needed to hear his voice, to know he was ok.

I flew off the couch and ran down to my room so I could grab my phone. I needed to call Rex. I slowly sat down on the bed and dialled Rex’s number with shaky hands. Would he hate me now? I waited on the line nervously only to be greeted by Rex’s answering machine.

“Rex.... Um please call me back. I‘m sorry,” I said softly before hanging up the phone.

I felt a hundred times worse after hanging up. Why did he have to leave? Anger began to boil inside of me as I thought of Rex. Stupid males. They either fight or run when their in sticky situations. Why couldn’t they be more like females and just scream until they get there point across?

“Stormy...”

I got a fright when Jax’s voice popped into my head. It felt like I hadn’t spoken to him in a long time.

“Jax! How are you? I’ve missed you. When are you coming home?” I replied as question after question whizzed through my head.

Jax chuckled lightly before answering. “I’m good Storm. Mitchell and I are just heading out with our boards. It’s so beautiful and white here Storm. You would love it. What have you been up to anyway? Is everything okay?”

I stared up at the ceiling with indecision. I should tell Jax everything right now, but he would be on the first plane back. I could tell he was having a blast. I wasn’t about to ruin it for him.

“Everything’s great Jax. I was just getting ready to go out with Kate for lunch,” I said trying to sound convincing.

“Are you sure little sis? You sound sad.”

“Jax I.....,” I said breaking off my sentence. I couldn’t tell him yet. I just couldn’t

“What is it Storm? Tell me!”

“I miss you. You big jerk,” I replied trying to hold back tears. Everything went silent for a few seconds before Jax’s voice filled my head again.

“Shit Storm you had me worried for a minute there. I’ll be back before you know it ok. It’s just a couple more days,” Jax said, sounding a little relieved.

“Alright Jax; sorry I worried you. ‘l’lI talk to you later.”

“It’s okay Storm. Oh and tell Kate I said hello,” Jax replied with a chuckle.

Like hell I was going to say hello to Kate for him. Then I’d have to hear about Jax all day.

“Jerk,” I said before blocking him out.

I felt better after hearing Jax’s voice. I looked at my phone to check the time and realised it was a little after eleven. Kate would be here soon and I could finally have some girl time.

I sat on the couch and waited for Kate after my steaming hot shower. I stared at Jax’s flat screen television and wondered if I’ll ever get to actually watch it. I doubted it. A knock on the door pulled me out of my wandering thoughts and I smiled knowing that Kate was on the other side. I ran to the door, swinging it open to see Kate’s smiling face.