Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Breakfast looked delicious spread out all over the table like a mini buffet. My stomach grumbled as I breathed in the scent of hash browns, bacon, eggs, pancakes and mouth watering maple syrup.

“Did you cook everything in my cupboards?” I asked Mikah as he brought over a plate of buttery toast and placed it on the table.

“Just about; although I didn’t go near the skim milk and light yogurts you keep in your fridge. Don’t see the point in eating it if it’s not the real deal,” Mikah snorted.

“It is real.” I countered as I sat down on one of the dining chairs. “It’s just light so I don’t get chunky,” I replied as I heaped three pancakes on my plate and then drowned it in maple syrup.

Mikah laughed as I shoved half a pancake into my mouth closing my eyes as the buttery liquid mixed with sweet maple syrup laced my tongue. My eyes sprung open the moment Mikah’s tongue slid along my chin as he cleaned the dripping maple syrup that was running down my mouth.

“Definitely the best breakfast I’ve ever had in my life.” Mikah’s husky voice filled my ears as he continued to lay light kisses with his tongue along my chin. I sat frozen in place as Mikah’s mouth moved lower down my throat and his hand clutched onto the side of my waist. A slight throbbing began to pulse deep down in my core and my toes became numb as I curled them with anticipation.

My breath hitched as Mikah sucked down hard on the crook of my neck and his teeth scraped along my skin. My wolf sprung forward as if waiting for something and I could feel my body starting to vibrate. I didn’t understand the longing my wolf and I were feeling right in this moment as Mikah continued to suck and nip on the crook of my neck. Mikah looked into my eyes and I shivered when his eyes shifted from silver to black and back to silver over and over again. His breathing was heavy and his teeth had shifted slightly into his wolf form.

Mikah’s eyes began to flick between my eyes and my neck and I found myself arching my head back, willing Mikah to return his lips, his tongue and those long sharp and dangerous teeth back to my neck. My body felt small and fragile as Mikah’s solid frame leaned over me and my wolf whimpered the noise escaping my lips. The sound made Mikah suck in breath as his eyes turned completely black and he bared his teeth bringing them in inch away from my neck. Mikah looked completely terrifying but I didn’t feel scared. Instead, I felt impatient and nervous as I continued to hold my breath.

The sound of my phone vibrating on the kitchen table brought Mikah out of his trance as he stood up straight and took a step back. I watched as Mikah turned and walked away down the hall. I could hear the sound of running water being turned on from the bathroom sink as my phone continued to vibrate. I slowly picked up my phone and could see a text message flashing on the screen.

Hey Storm, sorry I left you last night. Hope you enjoyed yourself anyway and got home safe. Lucy had a healthy baby boy. He is such the cutest! Anyway text me back when you wake up. Love ya xoxo.

I looked at the time and realised it was a little after one in the afternoon and that I had slept most of the day away. I didn’t reply and instead went back to eating my pancakes, bacon and hash browns. I was so hungry that I didn’t even bother waiting for Mikah to return and wondered why he walked off so quickly. By the time Mikah returned I was already helping myself to my second plate.

“Are you okay?” I asked Mikah who was sitting silently in his chair and picking at his food. His face looked fresh and moist and I could tell he had splashed water on his face as the edge of his hair was wet.

“Yeah I just lost a bit of control before; sorry about that. My wolf just can’t seem to get enough of you and he just about took over this time,” Mikah said quietly not meeting my eye.