Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“Happy birthday Jax!” I said to Jax through our link as soon as I woke.

“Thanks Storm, are you nearly ready for school? I’ll be over soon; Sam said I had to stop in for breakfast today,” he linked back.

 “Um yup, just about ready.” I replied

“You’re still in bed aye?” I could hear the humour in his thoughts.

 “Maybe.” I replied before blocking him out.

I got out of bed and rushed into the shower, so I would be ready when Jax arrived. He was just walking through the front door when I walked down stairs.

 “Happy birthday!” I screeched as I ran and jumped into his arms.

 “Thanks sis. Ohh god you weigh a ton!” he replied as he placed me on my feet.

 “Do not.” I said glaring at him.

 “Happy birthday son,” our dad said while he walked towards Jax and shook his hand.

 “Thanks Jake.” Jax replied.

 “Where’s mum?” I asked my father.

 “She’s in the kitchen cooking breakfast, come on lets go eat,” he replied.

 “Mmm something smells good,” Jax said as we entered the kitchen.

 “Oh Jax you’re here, I’ve just finished. It’s your favourite,” she said as she placed an overloaded plate of pancakes, bacon, hash browns, and maple syrup in front of him.

 “Yum thanks Sam,” was all he said before shoving a whole pancake into his mouth.

 “You’re welcome Jax,” she replied smiling, then leaning forward to kiss the top of his head.

Today was only a half a day at school which was good for me because I wanted to decorate the deck on the diner before tonight. I’m glad Kate agreed to help because there was a lot to do. I gave Mitchell and a couple of his friends the job to set up down at our spot on the beach, collecting sticks and wood for our bonfire.

By the time we finished decorating the diner, it was five thirty.

“We better go Kate, we still have to get ready and we have to be back here at 7,” I said to Kate who was hanging the last of the balloons.

“Okay give me two seconds...There we go,” she said standing back and admiring her decorations. I walked over and put my arm around Kate giving her half a hug.

“Thanks Kate, the place looks great.”

We got back to my house just before six. We rushed inside both heading for separate bathrooms to take a shower, not even stopping to say hello to my mum who was adding the last touches to Jax’s cake.

“You look great!” Kate beamed as I walked into my room after my shower.

“Turn around I want to see your dress.” Kate ordered.

I spun around slowly admiring how my dress twirled as I moved. Kate and I had been shopping the week before for new dresses. I had chosen a strapless midnight blue dress that fit me perfectly around the waist and fanned out to just above my knees. Kate’s dress was exactly the same as mine but in blood red. She had on matching red lipstick and nail polish with a dark red eyeliner and smoky black eye shadow.

“You look hot!” I said loudly and then laughing.

“Thanks now come here missy it’s time to do your make up.”