Chapter 12

Authors Note PLEASE READ: there is swearing in Chapter 12, please do not carry on if you are not old or mature enough. Thanks and enjoy! 

Chapter 12

We were standing like that for no longer than three seconds when a figure came into view just in front of us. I could hear Rex's low growl of warning and feel the vibrations coming from his body which meant he was ready to shift.  Suddenly another growl came from the figure ahead.

"Get the fuck away from her!" Jax growled as he came in to view.

"Back up rogue, don't make me kill you," Rex replied as his nails retracted and began to dig into my back.

"Let her go now before I rip out your fucking throat!" Jax nearly screamed as he took a step closer.

I flinched at his words, I hated when Jax got angry and my wolf always cowered away when he was like this.

"Take one more step and I swear I will kill you," Rex growled sounding confident

Jax leaned forward slightly and I knew he was going to attack.  His nails were out and his teeth were bared.  His eyes were completely black making his eye sockets look empty in the dark, I was scared shitless and I didn't want them to fight.

"Stop!" I screamed trying to make my way forward but Rex wouldn't let me.  His one arm was still holding me in place.

"Let her go," Jax whispered as his back began to shift.  He was bent forward with his back at an odd angle and I knew he was between shifting. It must have hurt a lot to not fully make the change and he would be using all of his will power to stop from completing it.

"Jax please stop!" I said trying again to step around Rex.

"Jax?" Rex said slowly letting me go but not taking his eyes off of him.

"Yes, Rex this is my brother," I said stepping around Rex and standing between them.

Jax was breathing heavy and I could see his wolf was bursting to take over.

"Please Jax; clam down this is my friend Rex," I said waving my hand in Rex's direction

His back began to return to normal and he stood up straight still staring Rex down. I went to take a step forward when Rex reached out and grabbed my arm.

"It's not safe Storm, he's barley in control."

"It's alright Rex, he won't hurt me."

"Please Storm, don't," he replied with a pleading look.

Jax looked up at me and took a step forward.

"Come," he said holding out his hand.

My feet were moving before I even registered it.

"Please Jax don't be mad, I was going to tell you about Rex tomorrow.  I just wanted you to have a good time tonight. I'm sorry," I said putting my head down

"Who is he?" he growled.

Before I could answer Rex stepped forward and held out his hand, "I am Rex Johnson, future beta of the hidden spirit pack."

Jax looked at his hand for a few seconds before he walked forward and took it, it felt like hours to me. The tension in the air was so thick; I thought he wouldn't take it. They didn't let go straight away. I could see both of their arms straining and flexing.  They were both taking in each other's scent, sizing each other up. Rex was the first to step back.

"Who have you been with?" Rex asked.

"Been with? What do you mean? I asked from behind them."

"His scent it's mixed with someone else's," he said with confusion on his face and maybe longing? Nah that can't be right, this alcohol is seriously messing with my head I thought to myself.