Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up bright and early. That run last night did me a lot of good. I jumped in the shower letting the burning hot water run down my back. I had been in there for no longer than ten minutes when I heard my titanium ring tone on my cell go off. Who could that be I wondered jumping out of the shower and singing along. I grabbed a big fluffy towel and wrapped it around me and walked over to my bed. I picked up my phone peering at the screen; it was a text message from a random number.

.... Hey Storm, I would like to meet up today, can you make it to lunch? Rex....

I sat on my bed staring at my phone with butterflies in my stomach, what should I do? School started in an hour and Jax would probably be here soon. How was I going to ditch without him finding out?

Hey Rex, I'm not taking my car to school, would you be able to pick me up?

Oh what was I doing, there was no way I could disappear without Jax noticing; or could I?

Sure what's the address, I can be there at 12.30 if that's good for you?

I typed in my school address, hitting the send button then throwing my phone onto my bed while I made my way over to my drawers. I pulled out a lime green tank top and a pair of blue denim short shorts. It was sunny out today so I decided to wear a pair of lime green flip flops which matched my top.

I sat in front of the mirror and began to brush out my long black hair deciding whether or not to wear it up or down. I decided on a simple pony tail then added a smidgen of black eyeliner bringing out the blue in my eyes. I got up and headed towards the kitchen with a plan on my mind.

"Morning mum." I said as I entered the kitchen.

"Morning, you're up early." My mum replied smiling.

"Yeah I had such a good sleep last night and I wanted to talk to you about Jax's present. I was thinking of putting a photo album together of us from when we were little and I wondered if I could pinch some of your photos?" I asked while pouring me a bowl of cereal.

"That sounds like a great idea honey, I've got double ups of lots of them anyway. You never can have too many spares." She replied laughing.

"That's good, I was going to go look for an album today during my lunch break but I think Jax might notice if I'm gone. If he asks could you tell him I was with you shopping for college supplies or something?" I asked giving her my most innocent smile.

"I don't like you skipping school Storm, can't you go after?" she replied with her eyebrows raised.

"Oh mum please? I'll try and be back as soon as I find one and it's not like we're doing any real work now anyway, exams are over." I asked pleading my case.

She stared at me for a second, taking in my profile. She probably knew I was up to something; I was never good at lying.

"Oh okay Storm, but if I find out your up to no good you're grounded." She replied raising her eyebrows and trying to show me her serious face.

Yes! I couldn't help but smile back pulling my mum in for a big hug.

"Thanks mum." I said sitting back down to finish my cereal.

"Don't make me regret it." She said before pecking me on the forehead and walking up the stairs.

I was lucky I never showed her the photo album I had already purchased two days ago, I thought grinning. Now all I had to do was tell Jax and hope he didn't see right through me. Now that I had an excuse I could breathe easy.