Chapter 13

Note: Swearing in this chapter.

Chapter 13

“Shit Storm. What the fuck were you thinking?” Jax asked, looking down at me while he carried me in his arms.

“You idiots were going to attack each other. I had to do something.” I shrugged and automatically sucked in air as I felt pain shoot up my neck.

My right shoulder had a huge bite mark which was raised and red. That was Jax’s doing. Rex managed to bite my left upper leg and now that I was in human form, the bite was pretty much on my ass. They both managed to grab a rein on their wolves shortly after they both attacked me. Their bites were sudden and quick.  As my blood entered their mouths their human sides reacted.

 “So you jump in between us?” he scolded.

He was definitely mad but it wasn’t my fault. I couldn’t just let them kill each other just because they were in a frenzy. I looked over at Rex’s naked form and began to blush; he was following behind us with his head down as we made our way back to Jax’s car to grab clothes; and man did he look good.

“Yea well it was either that or sit back and watch my brother and my friend tear each other to shreds.”

He just shook his head and walked over to his car then slowly placed me on my feet in front of the boot. He stood in front of my naked body blocking me from Rex and unlocked the boot of his car. I grabbed out the two back packs and handed one to Jax. We always kept spare clothes in the back of Jax’s car just in case we went on a spur of the moment run.

“Get changed,” Jax ordered as he turned away from me.

I slowly slipped on my under garments, tee shirt, and track pants, and was grateful that Jax had blocked me from view. There was no chance Rex hadn’t seen me naked back in the forest while Jax examined my wounds but that didn’t mean I wanted to parade around naked in front of him.

I was embarrassed when I had lain on the forest floor while Jax licked my wounds clean. Every time I would protest or try to get up his black wolf would growl at me and bare his teeth forcing me to stay still. My wounds would stop bleeding as soon as his saliva sealed over my cuts and were already beginning to heal. In a few hours they would be completely gone leaving no trace behind. I was grateful he had done that for me because the bite marks were pretty deep and even though I would heal without his help, licking our wounds clean in our wolf form really speeds up the process.

 When I turned around both Jax and Rex were clothed in a pair of Jax’s board shorts and shirt and staring off in different directions. I could faintly hear the sound of music and voices coming from the isolated beach which was hidden from view because of the big rocky bend. I was glad no one had come across us in the forest.

“I’m dressed,” I said aloud and making my way towards them.

Jax turned around and walked straight past me; he threw his back pack into the boot and slammed it shut. He then made his way to the driver side door, opening it and pulling out a bottle of water. Rex hadn’t even turned around and I could see the tension in his shoulders as he stared out to sea. I understood why he was so tense; four people were just killed by his and Jax’s hand and were now left piled under some bushes back in the forest.

After Jax had checked my wounds, the two of them picked up the three wolves and placed them under a thick bush a few meters away from where they were killed. They left the half shifted wolf for last. It was disgusting, I didn’t go too close because Jax told me to stay put; so I stayed seated on a log that he had placed me on.  But I could still see the body.