Chapter 9- A Touch of Prophecy

Vincent 

As we enter the busied town, I tried to stay near the more greener, park-like areas. I wasn't in the mood for rushing. I knew she was with him last night, just I didn't aspect her to go that far, she wasn't the type to just lift her skirts, but I had no real clue what hold that blasted duke had over her. She was lovesick over him. Yet, she was very confused at the intimates they shared, and what she told me didn't completely join.

Meanwhile, His graceless' s "friend", was wandering in our direction, dragging one of the brown steads from my stables with her.  With the rains in one hand and her hat in the other, she finally reached us. Her dark hair was bunned in a dome, and shined in the sun. I hid my rolling eyes; this woman was starting to really annoy me. Everyday she'll just pester me with questions and useless chatter, now she was standing before us with a face of welcome and a gleaming smile. Around her neck was a Persian blue-ribboned choker the same colour as the wide, bowed sash around her waist.  Her light mint gown was trimmed with frothy white lace. Fashionable, I guess, but her wide panniers looked unpleasant on her.

"Good Morning All!" She announced, in a overly cheerful tone. "May I join you on you trip shopping?" Without waiting for an answer she hopped on her sidesaddle. "I'm most exited for the wedding, it's so rare to fine a couple who go wedding shopping together."

I flinched, I forgot to tell Reyna, why we were going into town. I had to purchase her gifts for the wedding, yet I didn't think such a gesture is welcome.

"It's pretty usual to do around here" I said, a small bite snuck into my words, she didn't seem to notice.

Diamond, Reyna's horse moved closer to mine, yet her mistress didn't seem to approve. Reyna just gave me a very high-class glare. I gave her one straight back, she merely arched a brow.  Fine. If that's how she wants it to be, I'm happy with that.

"I say, Mrs. Jadestone How was your night? Hopefully not as bad as mine. Mine was rather disturbed, every time I drifted to sleep; I kept hearing something go bump in the night." I ignore Reyna's stiffening body next to me, Jadestone's expression was no better; she looked more pale than usual and her cheek twitched. I narrowed my eyes, something was wrong, and had a bad feeling about it.

"No, I did not hear such things, perhaps it was your imagination, or a troubled mind" She said with politeness, her coffee eyes weaving nervously. She had something to hide, I was sure of it.

We continued riding in silence until we tied our horses up and entered the shopping section of the hardworking town. After much negotiation and discussion we decided not to split into group entirely but to stay were we could all see each other, Alma and Reyna immediately ran off to a clutter of stores, I sighed and walked of to a jewelry store. Women love jewelry, don't they? Or is that just a myth told be men to get other men into deep trouble, while they receive all the rewards? I looked boredly throughout the shop, that dreadful, irritating woman following me around like some lost puppy that's seeking comfort for the wrong sorts. Nothing was catching my eye, and I was ignoring all Mrs. Jadestone's selections, they were too over the top, not Reyna like. I tried thinking over all the pieces I've ever seen her wear yet nothing popped out as something that she'd like or appreciate. Nothing, absolute nonentity; from hairpieces, to ring, earrings, bracelets, and necklaces. I huffed a sigh in frustration.  As I was about to give up and leave, I finally found what I sort for, under nether all the shit they called jewelry, I found an earring and necklace set.

"Excuse me, do you mind explaining this piece for me?" I ask the fragile looking woman, flashing a welcoming smile, she rushed over; taking in my fine clothing and clean scent, she smelled money.