Chapter 3-Spinning Castles out of Dreams

• Dedicated to To my lovers out there, lol I <3 U

Silvan residence, Galician forest.

Reyna

I don't know why but this morning I woke up disconsolate, dejected and irate. I was grouchy with everyone I spoke to, my maids, Flor, my parents and Vincent, though he thought it amusing which only worsened my condition, as well as having to stay in this house for a week.  I got dressed in a hurry pulling on a black lace covered dress underlined with wheat-coloured cream silk. Pulled on elbow length fingerless gloves. My mother had my nails painted to show off their length and shape, they were meant to be purple but turned black.  I had my eyes smudged and painted creatively with black paint, and my ginger hair was pulled up into a bun, and decorated with dark purplish beads, though some strands of hair came untied.  To me, my hair was more bronze than copper, or maybe a sandy brown? But it had a reddish tinge to it. My eyes today seemed darker than their usual light blue, they seemed almost Cobalt blue. Or Cerulean.

I dragged Vincent out of the house, literally had to drag him he wouldn't budge to move an inch, and made him take me to somewhere where I could just think and clear my mind with going somewhere murky and disturbing. He took me to a rundown cathedral; it must have looked beautiful when it was built. The whole front of it was almost still completely together, it stood tall and proud as it lived it the crisp clouded air. It was still very early in the day, the moon still was up, or was it the sun disgusted as the moon? I sat on a large stone, which must have been part of a lofty fence built around the church.

I sat in silence as I sat and got lost in thought, absentmindedly playing with the beads of my cross necklace, then chewing carefully at my nails.

I vaguely notice Vincent whistling for his wolves, but only two pups came. One was grey and obviously a male, his eyes where dark and glossy. He playfully pounced around Vin trying to catch the end of his long trench coat. I barely gave him time to dress; all he was able to pull on was boots, a dark pair of breaches, a shirt and his long coat. He called the grey pup, 'Vitale' meaning 'Lively' in Latin. The other pup was smaller slightly, and had orange fur mainly, but some white bits and its feet looked like they had black socks on. This one must be a girl, she was more content and seemed happier to roll and jump in the long grass. She, from what I could pick up, was called 'Sy', I guess the mean was to be 'one of the forest'. They wondered off somewhere, Vincent went to get them meat I predicted; it was a short walk back home.

 My skin was chilled in the cool air, I felt gooseflesh develop and cover it, I shivered slightly. I felt tears begin to drip slowly from my eyes, the paint staining them into a pale grey. Would Crisanto still want me after my marriage? Would he even love me then? I wondered it when I walk down the altar, if he'd burst though the doors stopping the wedding and taking me away on a majestic horse. Taking me to Ambrosio Castle and making me his, in every way. Darker thoughts clouded my mind like an up coming storm approaching danger zones. What if he leaves and finds another woman? What if he already did? Was I just a toy to him, a plaything, someone to amuse him when the nights got too lonely? I pushed the dark images out of my mind, they were impossible, Crisanto would never do that to me, he loved me, even if he didn't say it, actions are louder than words. He was a good man, a gentleman of first water, he'd never take advantage of a woman is such a way.

I began chewing my nails with unfamiliar nerves. He wouldn't do that, would he?

I turned at the sounds of tiny barking, he had returned and the two miniature wolves shadowed close behind him.  Their little jaws and mouths were slightly red with what seemed like blood. At least now they were full enough not to try and nibble on me. I have to admit these one didn't look so bad as their parents, nor as scary. In fact they were quite adorable.