Chapter 14-Theatre Walls Bound Those Who Squirm in Their Seats

"So many secrets, lies and hidden details, that is what a man is made out of. They never seem to be able to have a clean slate, there is always something; a secret life, a lie about family rank, or even a secret family, a secret wife....."

- Book of Encounters

Reyna 

I followed my mother and sister to our seats; I was distracted and amazed by the structure and effort that went into this incredible building. Everywhere I looked was gold and red wood. It was beautiful. Lights lit up the whole building like their glow was harvested from tiny suns. It was dreamlike. 

My mother looked stunning in her glittering, black gown. Sleek and heart bodice. She wore strings of pearls, around her neck and in her hair. She looked absolutely glowing! Her gown was like stars glowing in a dark night. Father went missing some time ago to chat with a group of gentlemen; it was strange to see him being social.

Flor's hair was loose, hanging in ringlets of shimmering raven hair. Her face was bright with excitement.  She wore a Pistachio bodice; her skirt was a silky mixture of Beige, Sienna and Pistachio. I frowned ever since that day she barely has spoken to me, and ever since she's dressed herself into improvements. I rolled my eyes, I should be the one affected, Vincent was-is my fiancé.

Unlike them I wore my own custom made dress. I had a small pannier made for this dress, so I didn't look too hipped. It was made of silky cotton, a beautiful amber, gold and orange. It flowed and swirled around me like wind was always around. It was short sleeved that came off my shoulder.  My hair was pinned on the side, it flowed down in waves.  I smiled. For once people approved of my appearance.

"Reyna! Don't just stand there! Come here!" My mother hissed. "Our seats are up here, in, we have our private box reserved. Our guests await us."

 Guests? I fastened my walk. As I entered the curtained I looked at the faces of those already in their seats. There were some seats still bare. I recognized Ms. Silvan; she was draped in a dramatic red gown. Her hair piled high, and thriving ornamented roses. She smiled; I could tell she didn't want to.

I spotted a young boy I didn't know, though his clothes were of fine quality the boy looked not of finery. He had scattered dark hair, and chocolate eyes. He sat close to Vincent.as if well familiar.

Vincent wore navy jacket and breeches, with black boots, white shirt and slivery waistcoat. The slivery colour matched his strange eyes. His hair had grown to shoulder length, he left it free. I felt a surge of awkwardness, even though it had been hours since morning.   He didn't notice me; he was in deep conversation with that woman I saw him talking to at the park.

She was an attractive woman in her 30's. She was rather tall, and had a slender yet very curvature figure. Her eyes were a stormy grey, and her lips full. She wore a white powered wig. Her gown was a purplish blue, and decorated in a military fashion. She paused from her conversation and smiled. "Hello, you must me Lady Reyna. It's nice to meet you, I'm Monica Dario."

"How do you do? "I smiled politely. "Evening, Vincent," I turned to the young boy, "Well, hello. What's your name, little man?"

He smiled shyly, and hid under Vincent's arm. "This is Thaddeus, Toby for short I guess. Cierra's son. He's staying here while she performs."

I blinked, shocked. "Cierra's son?" I looked from the boy to Vincent, I was relived there was no resemblance. I felt stupid; the boy was at least seven years old, there was no way.

"Yes, that's what I just said." He gave me a look, "Are you certain you didn't fall down any stairs on the way here? You look aw-Ouch!" Vincent glared at his mother in fury of her kicking him. My confidence shriveled, he didn't have to finish his sentence for me to know what he was about to say. Hurt must have been written on my face, because Ms. Silvan's shoe connected with her son's ankle once more, and a swift apology came after.