chapter 24- Christmas day

When I woke up the first thing I did was hope that this would be a chaos free Christmas. So I got up and got dressed. After I went down stairs to get breakfast. After breakfast I go to knock on the door when I hear a pacing sound. I slowly open the door to see Tracey passing in the kitchen. Slowly taking off my jacket and stuff I go into the kitchen and go over and hug Tracey. I ask her what is wrong. She tells me that her parents are stuck in a snow storm 3 hours from here and won't be able to make it in tell tomorrow night. She then starts to pace again. The phone then rings. Tracey looks at it and picks it up. Her face go's from not happy to almost crying. I reach out for the phone and immediately asked what is wrong. It was Alec's mom saying that they could not make it because they had caught the flu. I said hope you get better and hung up. So this was definitely not the way this was supposed to turn out. My parents then called my cell phone and told me that they were stuck with Tracey's parents. Okay so it looks like me and Tracey would be spending Christmas by our selves with a store bought pizza from the freezer. I told Tracey this and that is when she started crying. "This isn't the way I planned for Christmas to be," Tracey cried. "I know. I know." I told her. I just rocked her back and forth hugging her and soothing her while trying to convince myself that it really would be okay. So after we were both back to normal of sorts I went to there freezer and got out the pizza hoping that it would at least be edible I put it in the oven and me and Tracey opened our presents to each other. After the timer went off we both got up and went to the kitchen. I got the pizza out of the oven and that is what we ate while we opened the rest of our presents. That was my horrible chaotic Christmas spent with 1 of my best friends Tracey.

In the end we had the rest of our Christmas on the 27th with our parents and Alec and his family. All turned out merry and bright on the wrong day.