XXVI. What could be

Hiyaaaaaaa!
(Unedited bc editor is hungover or dead, idk yet.)

Bold= Swedish

T W E N T Y   S I X | WHAT COULD BE

She wasn't entirely sure when she fell asleep, but when she woke up, she was no longer strapped to a metal table in a cave-like room.

She was in a bed of some form, unfamiliar to her. The sun was glowing up the bottom half of the room in a tranquil manner, it was utterly mesmerizing, especially as it seeped past light, open curtains from a balcony. The smile soon faded and she frowned. Where was she?

Throwing the cover off her legs, she realized she was still dressed in exactly what she wore since she came to earth, just without her shoes, and she softly exited her way out of the bedroom she was in. It didn't take long for her to work out she was in a cabin, it wasn't perfect by no means, the wood walls were jagged and horribly nailed together, there was a small hole in the roof and the furniture looked like it was suspiciously made by hand. But at the same time, it all had a homely feel to it.

Folding her arms slightly, she walked further into the joined living room and kitchen and looked around. It was so quaint, so flawed, so perfect. Carter wondered if she was dreaming, it seemed likely, but at the same time it also felt real. Sudden laughter caught her attention from outside and she cocked her head to the side slightly in curiosity.

Following the sound, she came to the threshold of the cabin, the door open and adjacent to a massive lake, makeshift cabins surrounding it entirely. The sun's golden rays refracted off the still water and illuminated the lush forest that surrounded the cabins. If she squinted her eyes enough, she could see the peak of two mountains in the background, right from where she stood. It was absolutely breathtaking.

"Woah..." She whispered, eyes wide with awe as she took in her surroundings with a smile.

"That's the exact reaction you had when we first came here." A deep voice resounded from behind her, but by now it was so familiar she didn't need to turn around to know who it was. His arms wrapped around her waist as he hugged her from behind, burying his head into the crook of her neck. She closed her eyes and relished in the moment before turning around to look at the man who stood behind her. No words filled her mouth as she simply stared at him with content. No words were needed between these two, all they needed was each other. "Those damn mountains are the reason you made me built the friggin' cabin here."

"You built this?" Carter's eyes lit with amusement and she smiled. Why on earth would she let Bellamy, the guy who literally sucked at anything constructive (other than shooting, though that wasn't particularly constructive,) build their house? Surely, she would do it?

"Did your headache give you amnesia?" He laughed, flicking her forehead. She backed away and scowled at him. "Your dad likes to say he helped me, but really he nailed one plank up and used the old 'oh my back, I can't' excuse. So yeah, I pretty much built this alone." He paused for a moment. "I also built most of your dads." He muttered proudly, gesturing to the cabin beside theirs. It was awfully close, though Carter expected nothing less from her father.

"What about me?" She asked. "Why didn't I help? This seems right up my street."

"Do you really not remember?" Bellamy frowned and Carter shook her head. In any other circumstance Bellamy would interrogate her to find out why, but he didn't really seem to mind. "Believe me when I say you tried to help, you were pretty much pulled away by Raven and Wick before we had another argument over what wood to have."