XVI- Adventure time.

Yo. It's me, sorry for the wait! Here's chapter fifteen? I think it's fifteen.

Nope, it's sixteen

Loving the new underline thingy. I mean, I doubt I'm gonna use it, but it's cool.

Bold= Swedish

S I X T E E N | ADVENTURE TIME

"If you don't stop pacing the damn room, so help me god..." Wick trailed off through gritted teeth as he looked up at Carter.

The engineer paused in her actions, only just realizing what she was doing. Sheepishly, she edged to the closest chair and sat down on it, mumbling a "Sorry."

"What's got you so antsy anyway?" Wick raised an eyebrow, though he kept his focus on the work he was doing rather than the blonde who decided it was appropriate to slump over the work top.

"It's dark." Was her only explanation, which only brought up more questions than it did answer them.

"Dude, I did not know you were afraid of the dark." Wick snickered. "That's both ironic and humorous."

Barely lifting her head, Carter looked up and scowled at him. "I'm not afraid of the dark, you idiot." The worry sunk deep on Carter's face and she looked towards the small porthole which allowed minimal visage through it. "He said he would be back before it got dark, so where is he?"

"Woah woah, back up for a second," Wick frowned, holding his hand up as he shook his head. "You are concerned? Carter Conners-- or Kane, whatever you go by now-- is actually worried for someone that isn't herself?"

"You're not funny." Carter deadpanned, sending him a flat look. "Something isn't right, he said he would be back by now."

"And who is this 'he' you speak of?"

"Bellamy."

"Oh." Wick nodded. "Makes sense since you two are..." He mushed his fingers together, like he was trying to resemble cogs but was failing miserably. "You know."

"I have no idea what that was, but can you not."

"Aw come on Carter, relax, I'm sure your boy is fine." Wick nudged her with his shoulder. "Concern doesn't suit you."

"Do I sound needy?" Carter raised her head suddenly, her brows furrowed. "I sound really needy, don't I?"

Wick licked his lips as he tried to think of an answer that wouldn't result in him getting a gut punch. "A little-- but that's okay!" He quickly rushed out, when her face morphed into a frown. "Everyone gets needy when they love someone!"

Carter's eyes widened significantly and bile rose in her throat. Love? Oh no. No, no, no, no. She shook her head frantically. "It's not like that! I don't... I can't... It's... No." Carter stammered to find the right sentence, but she was completely taken back by Wick's seemingly innocent comment.

Wick's eyes bugged as he quickly noticed how uncomfortable Carter had gotten. "Did I say love?" He scoffed forcefully. "I meant... Liked. Yeah."

"Oh my god Wick," Carter buried her face into her hands, already feeling the heat accumulate in her cheeks. "Why did you have to say that? Jesus Christ, you've really messed with my head. That's not fair." The last sentence wasn't aimed at Wick, and Carter groaned loudly.

"I hope you know that I have no idea what you just said." Wick informed her, a blank slightly confused expression on his face.

Carter opened her mouth to reply, but someone else's voice filled the room. "Hey guys, have either of you seen Raven?"