XXIII. When you try your best but you don't succeed.

I've given myself a new challenge guys, I'm gonna see if I can finish season two before Christmas. I've got ideas and everything

I'm gonna make your souls burrrrn.

The cover I have attached it made by the wonderful fffsmh thank you and I shall be adding the next one you made in the next chapter! :*

Bold= Swedish

Currently being edited by the love of my life, Lis_Rose

T W E N T Y T H R E E | WHEN YOU TRY YOUR BEST BUT YOU DON'T SUCCEED

"I know I said we shouldn't split up anymore, and I mean it, I really do, but I feel like this is taking it to the extreme."

Bellamy glanced down at Carter and pursed his lips. She was right. This was to the extreme. He didn't want to lose her, but he also didn't want to put her life in jeopardy like he did with his own.

"Okay," He nodded once, looking back up the trash shoot. "I'll go, you wait here."

"Got it." Carter affirmed, staying put as Bellamy began his incline up the trash shoot to save Maya from being either barbecued or suffocated on her used air. The blonde yawned tiredly and shuffled between her feet. It felt like ages since she did nothing. Even in Camp Jaha she was always occupied with something, whether it had something to do with work or giving Steven tips on safe sex-- which, in her opinion, went very under-appreciated. There was never a moment for her to stand around and do literally nothing.

She heard banging from up the shoot and frowned, stepping closer to look up in curiosity. She knew it was a bad idea. Everything told her it was a bad idea, and yet she still squinted her eyes and looked closer, only widening them when she saw feet rapidly moving towards her face. There wasn't enough time for her to back away, and suddenly, Maya fell onto her, knocking the air out of Carter's lungs.

Just when she thought it couldn't get any worse, she then had the weight of Bellamy and Jasper crushing against her rips. All topped off with sanitizing steam sprayed onto them.

And then within the next beat,'they were all off of her, Jasper hastily ripping off Maya's mask so she could breathe again. But Carter just laid there, staring up at the jagged rocks as tried to get her breathing regulated.

A hand suddenly shoved itself into her vision and she followed it to Bellamy's face. It was a very serious matter, Maya almost died and yet Bellamy still had a glint of humor in his eyes as Carter lay there, looking as though she was reevaluating her life decisions. She groaned loudly and took his hand, allowing him to heave her up.

"You okay?" Bellamy raised an eyebrow and Carter sent him a thumbs up, a deadpan expression on her face. She could vaguely hear Jasper fussing with Maya, asking if she was okay, which was adorable and she wondered if that's what she and Bellamy looked like at times.

Probably not.

Jasper handed Bellamy his gun before bringing Carter into a big hug, taking her by surprise. "Woah, hey."

"Sorry, I just, thank you. For saving Maya." He looked up at Bellamy who stood a few steps away. "Both of you."

Awkwardly, they both smiled, not knowing what to say. Luckily, they didn't have to say anything because the squeak of a door drew their attention elsewhere.