V. Well, that could have gone better.

HOLA,

Let's get this chapter started, eh?

Bold=Swedishh.

C H A P T E R   V- Well, that could have gone better.

Carter, seriously, wake up. Carter... Carter!"

The girl in question suddenly shot up with a gasp, her eyes wide as her heart competed in a marathon and tried to jump out of her chest. For a second, and a brief one at that, she glanced around the dimly lit hut with complete and utter disorientation. That is, of course, until the pain kicked in and her muscles screamed in protest at her abrupt movement, causing a painful groan to rattle in her throat before she collapsed back down on the makeshift bed. All the memories from the previous day swarmed in her mind and she tightened her jaw, trying to ride out the pain from her stupidly heroic move.

"Jeez Steven, I said wake her up, not scare her half to death." At hearing the familair tone of Kara, Carter peeked through one eye to see both of her friends looming over her with thoughtful expressions. 

"Holy shit, Steven, what did you do to your hair?" Was the first words that Carter uttered since she passed out the night before. Her eyes were wide again, but this time it was with a mixture of both shock and amusement. Carter had always been used to seeing the boy with relatively long hair that swept down to his eyebrows. It was a signature part of him, something made him look like... well, Steven. Adorable, innocent, if not a little cocky at times Steven. But all that was gone. He had completely chopped his chocolate brown locks of, leaving short and rugged hair that nested on top of his head. He looked so much different, older.

Carter didn't like it.

"What's wrong with it?" The boy began to run his hands through his new hair-do consciously, a frown molded on his eyebrows, now that Carter could see them properly.

"You look more like a Steve than a Steven now." Carter mused, biting back her urge to snicker-- mainly becase she didn't want to hurt herself doing it. She turned her gaze to Kara. "Is this your handiwork?"

"No," Kara chuckled, perching herself on the end of the bed. "A Grounder did it for him."

"Excuse me?"

"Stop calling her that, Kara." Steven narrowed his eyes. "Her name is Nina, and she said that my hair would only get in the way during battle, so she cut it for me. I think I look pretty hot."

"Steven, now is not the time to make me laugh, I hurt all over." Carter strained, trying her utmost best to not laugh. "She was aware that she was helping the enemy, right?"

"She doesn't view us as enemies. She says that she thinks we can get along without killing people on both sides. She even taught me how to speak Grounder, well, she tried, but I couldn't get it right." He shrugged and Carter raised her eyebrows.

"Sounds like you've been spending a lot of time with this Nina chick." Kara observed with a smirk and Carter snorted. Had anyone who didn't know them walk into that hut at that specific moment, they would have thought it was two sisters teasing their younger brother, rather than comrades who have only known each other a little over a month.

"She's a trainee healer, she was the one that had to keep checking on my arm. Thanks for asking about it, by the way." He accused towards Carter, who in turn drew her eyebrows up.

"Well you're alive, aren't you?" She paused for a moment before rolling her eyes and sighing in defeat. "How's your mutant arm doing, Steven?"

"Oh, you know, it's doing all right giving that it was poisoined the Grounders managed to get it all out when I was unconcious." He lifted his bandaged arm up slightly, using his shoulder to raise it. "I can't feel anything and I can barely move it, but Nyko said I'm lucky to be walking away with my life, let alone my arm." A pause. "And you two geniuses didn't even realize." He narrowed his eyes playfully, and even though he had just insulted her intelligence, Carter was happy to see that he was back to his usual self, physically and mentally.