Liam Payne: Romantic Imagine

You sat on your sofa, looking through your texts. One word answers and empty conversations. All you wanted was for things to go back to how they were.

*Flashback*

You and Liam were sitting back to back in his flat. The rain outside lashed at the windows and there had been a powercut. Your wet hair let water fall onto his wooden floor as you had walked all the way to Liam’s as soon as the power had cut out and the heavy rain had started then. He had you borrow his clothes so you weren't completely cold and wet as you sat with a few candles around both of you, talking. You talked about anything and everything, you were best friends and you both knew you could trust eachother. You were saying things that had been on your minds for days, weeks, maybe months and you never thought you would say them out loud but it didn’t matter when you were with Liam because you knew he wouldn't say anything to anyone else. The lights finally came back on and the two of you stayed sitting down for a while before Liam stood up quickly, making you fall backwards.
"Up you get!" He said, holding his hand out to yours and leading you to the kitchen. You grabbed a drink and sat on the floor, talking again and just laughing at eachothers jokes. That was before he leaned in and kissed you. You didn’t know what to do so you sat there for a second in shock before pulling away. You had both had some alcohol but you knew you didnt want that, you were best friends and you didn’t want to ruin that because he was the only person you could really trust. He looked hurt and tried to kiss you again. I stood up.
"Come on (Y/N)!" He said, leaning in again.
"No, Liam you’re drunk!" You protested but he shook his head. “I have to go" You said, walking out

*Flashback Over*

You quickly wiped away a tear that had cascaded down your cheek and you sniffed. What did you do now? Did you go to talk to Liam or did you just leave it? You had no idea what the best thing to do would be but before you could make your decision you heard a loud rumble from outside, thunder. You stood up as a flash of light joined the loud booming. You hate storms and normally Liam would sit with you, tickling you until the storm stopped but he wasn’t there. You grabbed your duvet and sat on the sofa, your knees tightly tucked into your chest. Half an hour later the storm continued, refusing to show any sign of ending. The knock at the door made you jump and you trembled and you tiptoed over to the door. You opened it a small bit so you could check who it was and to your suprise there stood a soaking wet Liam on the other side of the door. He gave you a weak smile as you opened the door fully and let him in.

"Hey (Y/N).." He mumbled, looking down at his feet.

"Liam…" You mumbled in return.

"Look…I’m sorry, I never meant to hurt you but I tink I need to explain my actions. Yes, I had been drinking that night but I wouldn’t have kissed you even in that state if I had no feelings towards you…" He said, you didn’t know what to do or what to say at that point. Liam had feelings for me? You thought. I had known him for years and had never seen him as more than a friend.

“I really like you (Y/N) and I guess I always have but being drunk gave me the courage to show you. When you reacted like that it broke me, I honestly cried for hours after you left and I just have to tell you because I’m fed up of getting butterflies when I see you and not being able to reciprocate them, I’m fed up if seeing you cry over boys and not being able to stop the tears…I’m just fed up (Y/N) and you have to know" He continued, tears brimming his eyes.

“I came over because I know you hate storms and you’ve never been alone in one before…I thought you might need me…" He finished. You had never noticied how beautiful he was, his eyes sparkling and his cheek bones showing.

"I love you.." He said, trying to provoke a reaction out of you. You smiled and blushed at him before going on your tiptoes and kissing him. You stayed there for a while, his arms around your waist and your hands locked around his neck.

"I love you too" You mumbled in the middle of the kiss. You felt him chuckle as he held you tight like he never wanted to let you go.