Niall Horan: Romantic Imagine

"To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides." You smiled as you stared at the quote Niall had written across your bathroom mirror. Every Friday, Niall planned a date for the two of you, and on those Fridays, he always wrote a new quote for you, "so that you can feel my love as soon as you start off your day," he had once told you.

You heard your phone beep from the bedroom. It was a text from Niall: "Meet me by the lake in a half hour, love :) xx"

You quickly got ready and put on your favorite summer dress before slipping into your converse and heading out the door. You shut your eyes and smiled at the sky-the sun resting warmly on your skin. By the time you got to the lake, Niall was sitting on a set of concrete stairs with a red rose sitting across his lap. His eyes instantly lit up as soon as he saw you. He ran over to you and gave you a hug. "I swear, each time I see you, you look more and more beautiful." He said with a smile. You smiled back at him before intertwining your fingers with his.

"So, what do you have planned for us today?" You asked.

"You'll see." He said, flashing you a cheeky grin.

The two of you walked hand-in-hand down to a wooden dock. You quickly realized what the date entailed as you came across a small canoe sitting in the water.

"A canoe ride?" You asked as you laughed. "So romantic, Niall!" You teased him, as you nudged his arm gently.

He laughed before placing his hand on your waist. "Let me help you in, love." As soon as the two of you were situated in the canoe, you began paddling out to the center of the lake.

After a brief moment of silence, Niall stopped paddling and stared at you. You smiled as you noticed how the reflection of the water made his blue eyes sparkle. "Do you remember our first date?" He asked gently.

"How could I forget? You took us to the local fair and won basically every stuffed animal you could for me. I kept asking you to go on the ferris wheel with me and you kept coming up with excuses to avoid it. But finally you went and held onto me for dear life." You said, laughing the entire way through.

"Well, I thought you'd never go out with me again if you found out I was afraid of heights! Plus, I would do anything to make you happy...even if it meant facing my greatest fear." He replied as he joined in on your laughter. He paused for a moment before speaking again. "Have I ever told you what I love most about you, Allie? 'The thing I realized I loved most about you right after our very first date?" He asked.

"What?" You said as you felt your cheeks flush.

"How kind your eyes are. The moment I looked into your eyes for the first time, there was an unspeakable kindness about you. You have made me feel so loved over this past year...'To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides'" He said as he smiled lovingly at you. "I feel the sun all the time when I'm with you."

You felt tears fill your eyes as you looked over at him. "Thank you, Niall." You whispered.

You felt the urge to kiss him but you quickly realized that this date was about to take a sudden turn. Niall had accidentally shifted his weight too far to the left and there was no escaping the fact that the canoe was about to tip over.

"Niall!" You screamed before plummeting into the water.

Niall swam over to you as fast as he could. "Are you okay, love? I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed apologetically. You looked at him with a shocked expression, still stunned at what had just happened. He looked terrified, which caused you to laugh uncontrollably.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." You repeated in between laughs. "I can't believe that just happened." Niall let out a hearty laugh before putting his arm around you. He flipped the canoe over, put his hands on your waist and lifted you inside. He climbed in soon after.

"Well, now that I've successfully ruined this part of the date..." Niall began, as he squeezed the end of his shirt and watched the water pool up on the canoe floor.

"You didn't ruin it! It was getting too hot out here anyway." You said, trying to console him.

He smiled at you before shaking his head. "How did I get so lucky? You're wonderful." He said. "Do you see that small island off in the distance?" He asked, pointing behind your shoulder. You looked over in that direction and nodded. "We're going there."

By the time you reached the island shore, the sun was setting behind the tall evergreen trees; its rays peaking sporadically through their branches.

"Niall," you gasped as you quickly noticed a large picnic blanket spread across the sand. Beside it sat a large picnic basket and a vase full of flowers. "How did you get all of this out here?"

"Oh, I woke Zayn up from his nap and had him help me earlier today" He replied with a laugh. He then took you by the hand and walked you to the colorful picnic blanket and sat down beside you. He pulled out one of the flowers from the vase and grazed it across your cheek. You smiled and then rested your head on his shoulder.

Soon, tiny goosebumps formed on your arms and legs; your clothes still soaked from earlier. Niall wrapped his arms around you in an attempt to keep you warm.

You suddenly felt an amazing warmth wash over you as you felt Niall's heartbeat beneath his shirt. The quote from earlier resonating in your mind: "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."