Niall Horan: Romantic Imagine

Niall hadn’t been feeling well, and he had a bit of a temperature all day. The fact that he stayed up all night last night didn’t help, of course, and he was absolutely exhausted. He put everything he had into his performance though, because he didn’t want to disappoint the fans. He wanted to give them an experience to remember.

Always so thoughtful, Niall is. But after the show he couldn’t think straight, didn’t want to talk to anyone. He just wanted to be in his hotel room, and have his arms wrapped around you. You didn’t go to the show that night in favor of skyping your parents, and it actually worked out well for Niall because he didn’t have to wait to snuggle up with you. You’re sitting on the bed on your phone, and you hear him slide the key card in the door, and he opens it and then slams it shut. He doesn’t call out to you, and you can only imagine how tired he is. You hear his shoes come flying off his feet and his heavy footsteps coming into the bedroom. He opens the bedroom door and just stands there.

You look up at him and say “Are you alright babe?" and his bottom lip quivers and tears well up in his eyes. You jump up and run up to him and wrap him in your arms, and he feels so utterly at ease in your arms and he just lets it all out. He starts crying, not sobbing but rather just a good cry. You stand there holding him and bring him over to the bed and try to get him to lay down while you go get him a water, but he doesn’t let go of you and falls onto the bed. He pulls you impossibly closer to him and holds you so tight you can hardly breathe, but you know he needs this, so you let him.

He continues to cry and after a few minutes you pull away enough to look at him and wipe away his tears. You kiss his forehead and his nose and pull him into your chest, he likes being the little spoon when he has bad days. You look at him and his eyes are so droopy and you say “What is it babe?" and he just sighs and whispers “I’m so tired. I dunno, it sounds stupid dunnit? But ‘m so fuckin tired." You just hug onto him, and you have this overwhelming feeling of wanting to protect him from everything. You look down at him and he seems like a kid that doesn’t want to miss out of anything so they stay awake as long as they can until they completely crash. “Go to sleep baby, it’s okay, I’m right here." you say, and watch him close his eyes. “Love ya Y/N." he mumbles, and puckers his lips, wanting his goodnight kiss. You press your lips to his and say “I love you too." and play with his hair while you watch him fall asleep.