Niall Horan: Romantic Imagine

Lately, you have noticed that your boyfriend, Niall, hasn't been eating. This has been worrying you. But whenever you asked, he'd just reply saying that he had had a huge meal with the boys. At first you believed in it, but it was his excuse every single time. It was getting suspicious and you were suspecting that Niall was starving himself.

The other thing that has occurred odd to you was the fact that he has been wearing long sleeves everyday, even when the sun was out and when it was warm. He'd be sweating badly, but would still refuse to take his jacket or shirt off. The only sleeve that he'd roll up was the one on his left, the one that he used to write.

Today, you got off of work early and decide to go back to your shared flat with Niall early. It's movie night for the two of you so you stop by at Nando's to pick up some Peri Peri Chicken. When you get back, you hear Niall's music blasting from his work room. Supposing that he's listening to music, you decide not to shout out his name and quietly enter the house, careful not to disturb him.

After you're done setting up, you wonder why Niall hasn't smelled the beautiful smell of Nandos' Peri Peri. Usually he'd come running out of that little room of his and give you a big hug for buying one of his favorites, but he still hasn't.

Worried that he might be sick, you walk over to his room and slightly push the door open to take a peek. To your surprise, he isn't in there. You push the door open fully and step in. The music is on blasting at full volume, how can he not be in here? You then notice that the door to the bathroom is shut tightly. You turn the music down a bit and knock on the door.

"Niall? Are you in there?" You ask.

"(Y/N)?!" He shrieks, his tone filled with worry and panic.

"Yeah! Are you alright in there?"

"I-I'm alright," His voice still sounding the same.

"Okay then..." You mutter and walk away from the bathroom door.

Your hand accidentally touched the touchpad on Niall's laptop that's placed on his desk. The screen lights up and displays a Twitter account of a person who has been sending Niall mean hate tweets. Your eyes quickly scan through the latest tweets of the hater and they widen. You realize that it all connected. Niall not eating, long sleeves. You start to panic and you rush straight to the bathroom door.

"Niall open the door!" You cry out, hands banging on the door.

"What?!" He asks, frightened.

"Niall just open the door!"

"But (Y/N)! I'm... I'm shitting!" He yells out. Lies.

"Niall just please open the door! Or I'm coming in" You beg.

"No... don't come in!"

"Open the door or I'll smash it down!"

"Seriously! Using the bathroom!" He yells back. At the very moment, he makes a sound as if he just hurt himself. "Shit..." he mutters, barely loud enough for you to hear.

You throw yourself against the door once, nothing happens. Then, you use all your strength and run into the door. It swiftly comes down. You look up at Niall, who's pressing a piece of bloody paper towel to his right arm. A small silver bloody blade sits at the side of the sink.

"Ni... you're not..." You start to cry.

"Babe... I told you not to," He sternly says.

"I don't care. What are you doing?" You ask, already knowing the answer. "Is this why you have been starving yourself?"

You reach for his arm and inspect it closely. Cuts, cuts cover his forearm. Old ones, new ones, they're everywhere. You run your thumb across the patch of old cuts, feeling the bumps. Tears start flooding to the rims of your eyes. You look up at him in tears. Why haven't I noticed this earlier? you blame yourself.

"I'm sorry... it's just that. Every slice, every new cut, they relieve me of everything. They stay on me like ugly scars, but, they remind me that I'm ugly like them. I'm just an ugly scar on earth. I'm no better than them,"

"What are you talking about?" You ask him with tears in your eyes. You simply can't believe in what your precious boyfriend is saying.

"They said..."

"Niall, who cares about what they say?"

"But they're true! It's true that I have the worst teeth. It's true that I have the worst voice. It's true that-"

"None of it's true," You cut him off. You hold him up by his shoulders and look at him sternly. "Believe in me, Niall. None of it's true. They're just stupid, ignorant people who can't accept the fact that such an amazing, perfect man exists. That such an angel lives on earth and is standing right in front of me,

"You're not worthless. You're not ugly. You're not a scar on earth. Baby, please put that blade down. Please stop for me." You cry into his chest.

The two of you stay in the same hugging position for a while, until he pulls away.

"The blood is seeping out again. It's going to stain your clothing." Niall said, mumbling into your hair.

"Niall, do you believe that I think it matters?"

He opens his mouth to speak again but you place your finger on his lips, silencing him. You remove your finger and replace it with your own lips. The two of you just remain in place like that; not moving at all. Your lips touch each other lightly. You can feel his breath on you, his warm breath, proof that he's still there, that he's still living.

"I love you so much, Nialler,"

"I love you too, (Y/N). I'm sorry,"

"Don't be," You smile before he pulls you in for another kiss, this time much more passionate than the one before.