13: We're Official

[ Zoe's POV ]

As Joe headed up to the guest room to edit his video, Caspar came and sat beside me.

"Hey, how are you?" He sits an inch away from me.

"I'm fine, thanks." I smile, butterflies forming in my stomach.

"We've brought back some food if you want. Joe and I have one more meeting to go and we can head for dinner. Wanna join us? At Jamie's?" I notice his fingers were shaking. Ever since Joe mentioned about him, I've noticed a lot more. Like how his eyes don't look directly at me when he talks, and how his finger shakes. 

"Sure, of course!" I reply placing my palm on his to stop his fingers from shaking.

"Great! I've made a reservation at 8, so be ready!" He remarks.

☁︎

The restaurant was packed but the atmosphere was still very calm and quiet. There were mostly couples on dates which made it very awkward for Joe, Caspar, Louise and I.

"Hey Louise, can you come follow me for a minute?" Joe snickers, getting up from his seat.

"What for?" She grunts and Joe rolls his eyes.

"Just come." He drags Louise's arms out of the door as she complains. 

I laugh as she moans but why did he bring her out? I sat there in confusion, not knowing to do or say to Caspar who was awkwardly staring at his plate. 

"You look beautiful today." He states as he notices me staring at him.

"Thank you, you too." I reply and the awkward silence continued for another 5 minutes.

[ Caspar's POV ]

Okay, Caspar. You have to do it. It's now or never.

From the corner of my eye, I can see Joe from the window looking annoyed as I was taking so long to say something. I pinch myself.

"Zoe?" Her head instantly shoots up and our eyes met. "I know it's a little early to say this and I know that you might not have the same feelings for me back but I really can't see you hurt anymore and I want to protect." I took a deep breath. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I face her, hoping she would have an answer. Instead of looking scared or confused, she was crying, out of happiness!

"Yes, Caspar! Of course." She cries and we hug tightly - our first ever hug as boyfriend and girlfriend. Everyone in the restaurant turned and cheered. "Thank you, I love you so much." She whispers in my ear.

[ Zoe's POV ]

Tears of happiness were flooding down my cheeks. Just as we broke off our 5-minute hug, he took a box out of his pocket.

"Um, I have something for you." He bites his lip and passes the tiny box to me.

I opened the box carefully and to my surprise, it was a beautiful silver necklace with a 'Zaspar' charm. 

"It's beautiful, thank you so much!" He took the necklace from me as I turned around just to see Louise and Joe cheering excitedly outside the restaurant window. I pulled a funny face at them and laughed. 

The necklace fits perfectly.

"Thank you." I hug him. "He never did this for me. All he did was ask and I was stupid enough to say yes." I roll my eyes as Alfie crosses my mind.

"Hey, Zoe. I don't want to hear his name anymore. He's gone. It's not him anymore, it's me. Okay?" Caspar smiles and I nod. "It's just me and you."

✄ ✄ ✄

This made me cringe, I swear to god.

[ by harper gray ]

[ updated : april 24th 2017 ]