5: All Alone

[ Alfie's POV ]

It was 10:30 am and I was already out the door, even though the park was only 5 minutes away. I'm usually a very late person but this meant a lot to me. If Zoe doesn't show up, I don't know what I would do. To be honest, there's nothing I can do. If she doesn't come, then she might have gone to him.

☁︎

I wipe the sweat off my forehead. It was already 12 pm and Zoe has not shown up. She probably didn't see my message. 

Lies, Alfie. She's not answering. She saw the message. Zalfie's done.

All I want to know now is if Zoe is safe or not.

[ Zoe's POV ]

"Okay, he's gone now," Louise states as she watches the live CCTV from my phone. "Let's go."

"You sure this will work?" I wasn't too keen on this idea, to be honest. What if he decided to come back?

"Positive." She smiles and tip-toes her way to the entrance. It feels crazy to be sneaking into my house. I had kept another copy of our key underneath the flower pot, just so if there is any emergency. I quickly unlock the door. "You get Nala and your things. I'll get her food and toys." Louise commands and runs to the kitchen.

"Nalabeaaaars!" I shouted as Nala ran in circles in her pen. I gave her a quick cuddle before placing her in her cage. I went upstairs to pack a few things of mine such as clothes, chargers etc. All of a sudden, I heard a familiar voice.

"ZOE?!" I turn around. To my surprise, it was Chai. I was so relieved that it wasn't Alfie.

"Chai, oh my god. What are you doing here?" My face turns red. He would definitely tell Alfie that I was here.

"Alfie told me to take care of Nala. He went to see...you." He points to me.

"Uh yeah, thank you. It's okay, you can go home now. I'm taking her with me." I brush him off. He didn't have to know about my problems.

Chai left and I wrote a note on a piece of paper, before leaving it on the kitchen table. Then, I brought Nala with me in the car whilst Louise came out with three bags full of Nala's toys.

"Wait for me!" She squeals.

"You're the best, Louise." I chuckle.

☁︎

I finally felt safer with Nala by my side. Even Darcy was enjoying her company. I plugged my phone in just as it was at 1%. Phew! I realised I had 4 unread messages. There's no reason for me to head back home now. I might as well read it.

[ From : Alfie Deyes ]

Good morning, Zoe. I'm leaving for the park now. This is really important for me. I really hope you come.

Received 9:27am

Hey, wanted to let you know that I'm at the park now. Any chance you'll be here?

Received 10:30am

Are you on your way? I cancelled my US book tour for you, by the way. I really need to see you.