16: Goodbye

[ Zoe's POV ]

I woke up the next morning and tried for recall what had happened yesterday - Joe lost his phone. Caspar and Joe went to find it and Alfie called. Alfie called! Was that even real?

I viewed my recent calls and true enough, Alfie Deyes was the first on the list.

I sigh. If Caspar finds out, I'm dead. Or maybe Alfie will be. Caspar would probably beat Alfie up for even calling me.

"Good Morning, Zoe!" Caspar chimes as he walks in and I immediately shut my phone and smile. He hugs me and tackles me down to the bed. I love how we're still best friends even though we're actually dating.

"Good morning, Caspar!" I mess up his hair and he chuckles. "Did Joe find his phone?" I ask. He frowns and shakes his head.

"No. We went there and the waiters said they didn't see a phone so he's probably going to get a new one in London." He sighs.

"CASPAR! HURRY! We'll be late!" Joe shouts from downstairs. Caspar sighs and turns to me.

"I'm going to miss you." He hugs me and I hug him back.

"Me too."

Louise and Joe were waiting downstairs by the time Caspar and I shared our goodbyes.

"Caspar, you took so long." Joe whines. "We're going to the Apple store right when we reach London." Joe states, pulling the last suitcase out of the door.

The taxi was already in Louise's driveway and most of the luggage have been packed in the boot.

"Bye Joe." I hug my brother. "I'll see you next week." I pinch his cheek.

"I'll see you net week too!" He smiles and pats me on the head. Then, he carries his backpack and stuffs it in the back seat.

I sigh as Caspar stands in front of me. I'm so bad at goodbyes. He stared at me and so I stared at him back. Joe had already gone inside the car. He leaned in closer but out of panic, I went in for a hug. He chuckles but then hugs me back.

"Hurry up, you tortoise!" Joe shouts from the car window. Caspar squeezes my hand for the last time then he goes in the car.

We smiled at each other as he waves. A tear rolls down my cheek when he gives me a flying kiss. Louise comes to my side and hugs one of my shoulders.

"You'll be okay." She leans her head on my shoulder. Shoot. I still remember Alfie called yesterday. How was I suppose to tell her? 

✄ ✄ ✄

This is incredibly short! Long story short, I edited this chapter and I was extremely proud of it but Google Chrome crashed and nothing was saved.

[ by harper gray ]

[ written may 15th 2017 ]