2: A Great Plan

I turned around, expecting a supporter of mine. Instead, it was...

"Caspar! What brings you to Brighton?" I ask, squeezing him a hug. Caspar lives in London, so it's not often I get to see him.

He chuckles. "I'm actually here for a meeting and I'm also meeting up with my Aunt Shirley." He smiles, taking the seat opposite mine.

"Cool! By the way, I don't usually come to this cafe. It's my first time here and I'm loving it so far." I show him the photos I've taken of my red velvet cake which is now in my tummy.

"Wow, I always pay a visit to this cafe when I visit Brighton. Normally, when I'm alone as it's a great place to relax."

Same, Caspar. Same.

"They also serve the best cakes in history and people, like Joe, would steal my cake." He jokes.

"Hahaha. This please is amazing. I just wanted to get my mind off on this whole YouTube thing. It's so stressful." I pull my hair and frown at the thought of the video I've yet to film.

"We've all been there Zoe." He pats my shoulder.

"Yeah but Alfie's not making it any better." I mumble.

"What do you mean?" He leans in closer.

"I don't know," I shrug. "He's just been really-"

Before I could finish my sentence, my phone rings. It was Alfie.

[ Phone Call ]

Alfie - Zoe, where are you now?
Zoe - In a little cafe, in town. Why?
Alfie - I just want you to know that I won't be home until midnight or later. Chai and I are meeting with some friends.
Zoe - Aww, but you promised me dinner! Hehe.
Alfie - Well I've got better things planned. It's not always about you. Oh and by the way, I'm going to the US next week, I forgot to tell you. A last-minute book tour for about a week.
Zoe - What, Alfie?! You can't just tell me now.
Alfie - Well, why are you scolding me? Why don't you scold my book managers? Hah! You don't dare.
Zoe - Then, can I come with?
Alfie - Obviously not! This is the Pointless Blog book tour and you have nothing to do with this. Besides, it'll cost a bomb and there's no need to waste money.
Zoe - But...
Alfie - I have to go now, bye.

[ End Of Phone Call ]

I slam my phone down on the table. It felt as though my brain was going to burst. The number of things I have to, without Alfie! I was on the verge of bawling my eyes out until I remember that Caspar was still here, sitting in front of me!

"You okay there?" He asks, placing his hand on mine.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lie. "Alfie, he's going to the US for a week and he just told me. I already have a lot of things planned and without Alfie, everything's going to be a mess." I start to cry, thinking about all the million that will not work out when he's gone.

"Well do you mind if I help? I mean, Joe and I could come and we can hang out together. I mean, Joe would be delighted to catch up with Alan." He chuckles.

"Haha!" I laugh thinking about Joe and Alan. "That'd be amazing! I could invite Tanya, Jim, Marcus, Louise - like a YouTube party!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, but Alfie would get jealous wouldn't he?"

I nod. "I'll just invite the girls over then." I smile, as we both made our way out the cafe. "Sounds like a great plan!"

"So I'll tell Joe and you'll tell the others." He smiles.

"Thanks, Caspar!" I give him a hug. He responds by returning a big, warm hug. I just wanted this hug to last forever. I felt safe and secure around his arms, for some odd reason.

☁︎

[ Alfie's Pov ]

[ Alfie Cam ]

Yoooo guys! Chai and I just finished watching Jurrasic World and it was amazing! The dinosaurs were cute though

Yoooo guys! Chai and I just finished watching Jurrasic World and it was amazing! The dinosaurs were cute though. Anyways, we're going to stop by a restaurant because I'm blooming hungry already.

[ End Of Clip ]

We were walking down the street when I spot a camera store. I decided to go in for awhile as I wanted to find a mini tripod.

"I'll be outside Alf." Chai says as I head into the store. 

There weren't any mini tripods in sight. There were only the big ones for £90.

After a while, Chai came in. "Alfie, you've got see this." He pulls me, with his eyes wide.

"What?" He drags me and I couldn't believe what I saw.

✄ ✄ ✄

Hello! Yay, another chapter. I really want to upload daily but it'd be impossible for me as I have school and stuff. I still have school for another 2 weeks and then, freedom! Anyways, I know Alfie seems like the bad guy here but he isn't! I watch literally all his vlogs and he seems like the coolest and nicest person to be with. Anyways, I'll try to publish every other day. Thanks boos!

[ by harper gray ]

[ updated: may 19th 2017 ]