4: My Chummy

[ Zoe's POV ]

Louise's house! Louise is one of my best friends and also a fellow YouTuber! I immediately called a taxi and went straight to her house. I received a few messages from Alfie, which I didn't bother opening. I set my phone to silent, in fact. I wanted to have a nice day with Louise. 

Once we reached, I paid the taxi driver and knocked on her house door, praying she will be in. The door swung open in less than 10 seconds and Darcy, Louise's daughter came running out.

"It's Zoweeee!" Darcy squeals, and hugs me. She's adorable! 

"CHUMMMMYYYYY!" She shouts and I shout back. "What are you doing here?" She gives me a hug, just as tight as Darcy's. "Darcy and I were just filming a baking video." She says with a wooden spoon in her hand and flour on her face.

"It's a very long story. Do you mind if I stay the night?" I ask and she willingly says yes. Her face turns serious knowing there was something wrong.

"Come in, our cake is baking anyways." I went in and we sat on the sofa together. "Darcy, why don't you go check on the cake?" Louise suggests and Darcy disappears into the kitchen.

☁︎

I told Louise about my whole day, from start to finish. She was supportive of me and constantly gave me hugs.

"You can stay here for as long as you want, chumz." She squeezes my arms. You see in my vlogs, Louise is funny and silly but she's also a kind and loving person. Coincidentally, her boyfriend was away for a business trip. Just then, the oven started beeping.

"The cake is ready, mommy!" Darcy yells from the kitchen.

I was offered to join them with their cake-baking so I made a bowl of royal vanilla icing and helped them to decorate it. Well, our cake didn't turn out as pictured in our heads but at least it tasted good.

[ Louise's POV ]

I'm glad Zoe was enjoying her time here. I feel really sorry for her right now. Part of me wanted to bash Alfie up, while the other just wanted to give him a talk about what he did wrong. I'd rather bash him up, of course.

As I was clearing the kitchen from the mess we created, I heard a sniffle coming from the living room. There she sat, silently sobbing to herself.

"Chummy, what's wrong?" I set everything down and placed both hands on her shoulders.

She turns to me. "I need to upload a video tomorrow. I've not even filmed it yet!"

"Chummy, let's forget about the internet okay? Even if you do film and edit a video, I'll not give you the WiFi password. No YouTube, Twitter, Instagram. Nothing but me!" I chorus.

"Okay, chumz." She chuckles.

☁︎

[ Zoe's POV ]

The afternoon at Louise's has been amazing. What did I do to deserve such a friend? And again, what did I do to deserve something like this? All I could think about right now is Alfie. Will he ever say sorry to me? Will he even bother? I mean, it really doesn't matter now right?

Just then, I remembered I received a few texts from Alfie earlier. I took out my phone and read my notifications - 6 messages and 8 missed calls. I bet they were all from him. My fingers tremble as I press on his name.

[ From : Alfie Deyes ]

Zoe Elizabeth Sugg! You're not going to walk out of the door, just like that. We need to talk this out. Have you ever seen me hug girls like Caspar? This is all your fault, Zoe!

Received 11:14am

Zoe, come back. Where are you? Look, I'm really sorry. Please meet me at GBK in 30 minutes. We can talk things through.

Received 11:16am

I'm here at GBK. It's been an hour. Are you coming? Zoe, I'm really sorry. I need to know you're safe.

Received 11:45am

Zoe, for the umpteenth time - I'm sorry. I shouldn't have shouted at you just now. Can we please meet at the park tomorrow. 11am? I really need to see you.

Received 12:48pm

Good night, Zoe. Hope to see you tomorrow. I love you, always remember that. She misses her mummy too.

*attachment #1*

Received 10:58pm

☁︎

I started crying as I went through each message. I knew, I just knew it. If I had read these texts sooner, I would have gone to GBK to meet him. In his last message, a photo was attached. I clicked on it and my eyes widened. It was a photo of him cuddling Nala. Nala?! Oh no, I forgot about her. I would never leave her with Alfie. There's no way. Just then, Louise skips in.

"Chummy, I need to go back to the house!" I exclaim.

"No, chummy. Why?" She sees my phone in my hand. "I told you not to read any messages!" She snatches it away, but I pull back.

"No, no. I don't care about Alfie. It's Nala! He will never take care of her properly."

"Oh my god, yeah! Shall we go and get her?" She replies, slightly relieved I hadn't fallen back in love with him.

"But Alfie would ask me to come back and I know I couldn't say no! You know him and his way." I shake my head.

"Then we get it when he's not there." She grins, and I know she's already coming up with something.

"Tell me your plan."

✄ ✄ ✄

How do you think they're going to get Nala back? Also, I think my chapters will be this short from now on. And more cliffhangers as it always keeps me pumped. I know she has left all her things behind but this is how willing Zoe is to give up everything to get away from Alfie. Also, the Zoe in this story is rich which is why she can get new clothes, haha!

[ by harper gray ]

[ updated may 20th 2017 ]