Chapter 53- Working

It All Started With Hello Ch.53

Jari

"What did we do last night?" I mumbled as I sat up from the floor.

The living room was a mess. Soda cans, candy wrappers, popcorn kernels, magazines, pillows, and covers littered the floor and all of the girls were in different and awkward positions on the floor and sofa. Artemis was actually sleeping on the piano.

"Whoa! How did I get here?" Artemis jumped up and looked around.

"We had a great sleepover." Isis laughed as she woke up to see the mess.

"It's not like we were drunk or anything, but damn." Brittany said.

"I'm going to take a shower." Juno jumped up and made it to the bathroom before anyone else could.

"So the boys are in New York?" I yawned.

"Yeah. Wanna go out and meet them or get into the studio?" Keisha asked as we all started cleaning up.

"Get in the studio." Brittany and I said.

"But Walter said to wait for him. So we get go surprise them." Artemis said.

"Yeah." Isis nodded.

"We should work on what songs to do for the album." Juno said as she came downstairs.

"Yeah. Come on. I can get us studio time right now." Keisha said. "Go grab a shower first."

We all scrambled to different bathrooms to take showers and change. When we finished we were in a van and to a studio in minutes. We sat in the studio and thought of what songs to put on the album.

"Jari, I think you should--"

Artemis was cut off by someone coming into the studio.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone was-- Oh. It's just my girls." Diggy smiled.

"Hey Diggy." We smiled. After our graduation, we met up with Diggy at a local studio in New Orleans to record the Remix. We even shot the video and went on 106 & Park go premiere it together.

"What's going on? Any lyrics dropping?" Diggy asked.

"Uh..was kinda about to have a heart to heart moment with the girls. So if you could wait outside taht would be fine." Artemis said.

"Oh. Sure. I know where I'm not wanted." Diggy sniffed playfully and walked outside of the studio closing the door.

"So Jari, I think you should tell...your story on this album." Artemis suggested softly.

"But, I can't. Artemis. Juno. Brit. Ise. I can't just tell that story to everyone. I could barely tell y'all." I held my head down.

"Do you remember how we found out?" Artemis asked.

"We saw you on a bench outside of the park. You were alone and seemed upset. When we asked what was wrong, you said you were having problems at home. We almost left, but we didn't." Isis said.

"We sat and talked with you and prayed over you. Artemis prayed over you as we prayed together on our knees for you, Jari." Juno added.

"Jari, your story isn't the first and it isn't the last, but it could help other people." Brittany smiled softly.

"Okay. I'll...I'll write it all down and show you later tonight." I sighed.

"I sent you the beat of the song." Juno said as she put her phone down and played the beat for us. We all bobbed our heads to the slow beat. I put her earbuds in and was lost in my own world.

****

Artemis

"Come on, girls. We should go see, Dave. He'll want to start on your dances." Keisha said. She pulled Jari up and led her to the van.

"Bye Diggy! We'll see you later! We gotta go see Dave Scott!" Isis and I waved as we left. He waved and nodded as he went into the studio.

We went to the dance studio to see Dave Scott dancing in front of the mirror.

"Hey girls! It's good to see you." Dave hugged each of us. "Where's Walter and the boys?"

"In New York. They went to premiere Used To Be, remember?" Keisha said.

"Of course. What brings you here?" Dave asked.

"They need to work on their concert and BET Awards performances. Like, now. All they have is All Bout Him and the Remix. My Baby is under construction and so is Perfect Two-- some song Artemis is writing herself. Work on their remix of My Boy for now. It needs to be tighter and more precise." Keisha said. Dave hung onto her every word then clapped his hands together.

"Let's get started." Dave smiled and made us warm up. We warmed uo for ten minutes before going over the dance moves for All Bout Him and the Remix. He had us dance to Run The World(Girls) and whatever other dance we've ever done before now. We were there all day. Jari seemed to be out of it the whole time. It seems like she was really working on the song.

"Alright, girls, that was great. I'll see you here tomorrow at nine. We'll watch the boys on 106 so don't worry. When they get back we can work even harder." Dave nodded at us as we got our things and left.

As soon as we got to the Conjunction House, we all went to take shower and change. Keisha ordered pizza because we were too tired to cook anything. After eating, we texted whoever we felt like then went to sleep.

***

Jari

We were up bright and early to eat a light breakfast before going to meet Dave at the studio. I had a song written about my story and I was ready to record it. I'll walk until Walter gets back though.

"Good job, girls! That's what I'm talking about!" Dave clapped as 3PM rolled around. We walked iver to a room with a TV to watch the boys on 106.

Artemis, Isis, Brittany, and I laid on our stomachs in front of the TV as the boys finally came out to premiere the video for Used to Be. Walter didn't want us on set because of the leading girls in the video, so we couldn't watch the video be made. We were ready to jump through the TV when we saw who the boys were with.

"He is so lucky I fucking like Rachel!" Artemis growled as she turned the TV off when the video finished.

"I could kill his ass right now. India?! India, of all people!" Brittany snapped.

"Be mad now, just don't kill them tomorrow. They need to practice as well." Dave said to us as we got uo to finish practice. The day after tomorrow, Wednesday, we'd have backup dancers for for performances. Hopefully whoever is picked will be our backup dancers for a long time like the boys' backup dancers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone!

How do you think the story is going? How do you think the girls acted to the Used To Be video? The salt was real, wasn't it?

Anyway, I just wanted to say things might get a little confusing and complicated. So just hang in there. If you get confused don't be afraid to ask me about it in the comments or even inboxing me.

So....yeah....

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow. Please.

Love ya,

LilBlackAngel

#SpreadThePeace