Chapter 38

Kayley's POV

I sighed and closed my laptop. Niall and I had the second trimester doctor's appointment.

I changed out of my fluffy zebra socks into regular ones and slipped on the first pair of shoes I saw, which just so happened to be Niall's Supras. I realized how much bigger they were than my feet and kicked them off in frustration. I reluctantly got up and searched through my suitcase until I found shoes that actually matched my white Green Day: American Idiot t-shirt. I found my black Toms and put them on. I looked in the mirror and saw a dishevelled, stressed Kayley sporting her second favorite band's t-shirt, stomach bulging, black maternity shorts, and matching shoes that barely fit on her swelled feet.

I closed my eyes and exhaled sharply. I made my way to the bathroom. I combed through my mop of hair and brushed my teeth. I looked at my face up close. Dark circles sagged underneath my eyes which were bloodshot. I didn't even want to bother to put any makeup on them, so I just shook my head and left the bathroom.

I slumped in the direction of the couch and sat down. I rubbed my head in hopes to get rid of the massive headache I had. My stomach had been hurting all day, but it had just started churning when I sat down.

"Really? I was just in the bathroom," I said to no one but myself as I rushed to the room I was previously in. I kneeled in front of the toilet and waited. And waited. I gagged a couple times, and my stomach heaved, but nothing came up. There was a stabbing pain where my esophagus meets my stomach. It sent waves of pain through me, and I got chills every single time. It seriously felt like I was dying. The only possible way to make it feel any better would be to throw up, but nothing was coming. I slammed the lid of the toilet closed and stood up.

Next thing I knew, there was a loud bang, and my hand was trough the wall.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" Zayn yelled as he went bounding through the bus. I plopped down on the closed toilet seat and just cried. He poked his head in the open door and saw the hole in the wall.

"Kayley... Are you okay...?" he asked hesitantly, as if I would punch a hole through him too.

I simply shook my head and that's all it took for him to leave. A minute later, Niall walked in with a bag of ice, a towel, and some chocolate. I gratefully took the chocolate and nibbled on it while Niall inspected my hand. It was bleeding in multiple places and there were already bruises forming.

"Nice going, Kayley. Now you have a broken hand and a hole in the bathroom wall," Niall joked. I couldn't help but crack a smile.

I apologized. "I've just had a bad day so far. I have a headache, my stomach hurts, I can barely sleep, and being pregnant isn't helping anything."

Niall looked at the ground like he was ashamed of something.

"What's wrong?" He shook his head, not looking me in the eye. He started intently at my bruised and bloody hand. "Did I do someth-"

He interrupted me: "You didn't do anything. It's what I did. I made you pregnant. It's my fault you throw up every other day. It's my fans who are sending you hate. It's my fault for putting you through this pain."

"Niall, this is just as much my fault as it is yours. Don't blame yourself for anything, okay? We'll make it through this, and it'll all be worth it in the end," I reassured him.

"It better be," he told me. He helped me off the toilet. He wiped the tears off my cheeks and lightly kissed my lips.

We left the bathroom and the bus. When we walked through the doors of the hospital, Niall walked up to the front desk.