Chapter 27

Kayley's POV

I've never liked hospitals... They're so white and clean and they always smell of alcohol wipes. At this hospital, however, the smell was so strong it burned my nose and made my eyes water. Thanks, hospital, thanks. I stepped outside and sat on the curb. The doctors were doing a whole bunch of tests to see what happened to Danielle. It was just a freak thing, like one minute, she's fine and laughing with us, and the next, she's practically lifeless on the floor. Those kinds of things suck.

The automatic doors slid open, cold air rushing out from inside and hitting my back. I turned around and saw Niall walking toward me.

He sat down and said, "So, how are you?"

"Fine, fine," I answered awkwardly. He nodded and put his arm around me. I leaned my head into his shoulder after a while, and he kissed the top of my head. I smiled and looked down.

After a while of silence, I asked, "What do you think is wrong with Dani?"

"Well," he started, "one time, Greg complained that he was weak, like Dani, but he was dizzy too. Then he just passed out. So we took him to the hospital, and they said he just had low blood pressure."

"Really?" I asked. He nodded and said nothing more.

After my eyes had stopped watering completely, we went back inside, just to have them start watering again. I sighed and decided to just suck it up. At about three in the morning, the doctors finally came and said we could find Danielle in room 155. We ran down the hall and practically busted the door down.

When she saw it was us, she broke down in fits of laughter. I was really worried that something bad had happened. Hospitals were always bad. Trust me, I've had my fair share of experiences.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked. He'd been a nervous wreck ever since she left his sight.

She nodded and answered, "Yeah, they just said I have low blood pressure."

"HA! TOLD YOU!" Niall shouted, jabbing his finger in my direction. I rolled my eyes and waited for Dani to go on.

"The doctor guy gave me a list of things I should do to prevent me from fainting again." She held a piece of paper out to us. Liam grabbed it before anyone else could.

He read through it and muttered, "Simple enough."

Dani said, "Mhm. And they said I can go anytime I want. So... why don't we leave now and get back on the road?"

She slowly got out of bed, and by slowly, I mean it took a minute or two. I took the list from Liam and read it while we were waiting. It said for her to sit on the side of the bed for a couple minutes before standing up. Alrighty then.

Danielle got dressed in the bathroom and we went out to the bus again. She decided to sleep while everyone else watched another movie. After we voted, a bet, two thumb wars, five games of rock paper scissors, and a wrestling match, we agreed on watching The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I had never seen the movie, but Eleanor said it was really good.

By the time it was over, I was bawling my eyes out into Niall's shirt. That movie was so emotional... I couldn't even. I was unable to even. I had lost the ability to even.

Perfectly timed, the movie went off at the same time Paul drove the bus into the hotel parking lot. We got our bags off our bunks and checked into our rooms. I threw my bag on the floor and jumped onto the bed, not even bothering to change out of my jeans. Niall took my shoes off and laid them nicely on the floor next to my bag. He pulled the covers back and climbed under them. He pulled the blankets over both of us, and I was out faster than you could say One Direction.