Chapter 35

Kayley's POV

We had booked a flight to London for when we were coming back on the same day we got tickets for Rome. We decided to go back a little early so we could visit with my parents. Louis and Eleanor wanted to come with us, so they did. Simple.

After catching up with what my parents were doing, I told them how the tour was going. And how the baby was, even though I had no way of knowing. All I knew was that my stomach grew bigger every day.

Almost a month later, there I was, sitting on the couch in the tour bus, reading Thirteen Reasons Why. Niall and I stopped at a bookstore when we had a break and I got a couple books. I had already read Thirteen Reasons Why three times, and I was reading it again. I just couldn't stop reading it. I was literally addicted.

"Kayley, get your nose out of the book, we're going to Nando's," Niall said.

"They have one of those here?" I asked.

He nodded and replied, "Yeah, we're in Washington DC. Come on."

I put my bookmark in my book and followed him off the bus. Everybody was hungry, so we were stopping for food. When we ordered, everybody was put on one bill except Alice, who paid for hers herself. When she got her food, she went back onto the tour bus and ate by herself.

I hadn't realized how much I'd missed Nando's. It was just so good...

***

"Opening for One Direction, Kayley Horan!"

I walked out onto the stage in my pink and gray striped shirt, dark blue skinny jeans, and gray Converse. Gotta stay comfy, right?

"How is everybody tonight?" I was met with screams. "Good!"

I nodded to the boys on the stage behind me.

There's an S under my clothes

On my chest where nobody else can see

I light up when the doors are closed

I am free, yeah

And I wish I could make my move

I can tell that you're really into me

And I don't got a thing to lose, in my dreams, in my dreams

I'm a bad girl, jumping off the moving train

I'm a Jane Bond, putting all the guys to shame

I'm a wild card, and I'm gonna steal your game

You better watch out

I'm a fire starter

Make your blood run faster

I melt hearts like water

Yeah yeah, oh, whoa, yeah yeah, oh oh

I'm a fire starter, I'm a sweet disaster

I melt hearts like water

Yeah yeah, oh, yeah yeah, oh, yeah

I might look all innocent

But the embers are burning inside of me

And I'm ready to take that step, can't you see, can't you see?

I'm a bad girl jumping off the moving train

I'm a Jane Bond, putting all the guys to shame