Chapter 25

Kayley's POV

Over the next couple of days, I had Harry memorize When I Was Your Man. He even let me listen to him sing it a couple times. He sounded just as good, if not better, than Bruno Mars.

That part of my plan was complete.

Practically every Directioner had seen the interview on CNN, so every tweet I got was about my pregnancy. Some of them were "Congratulations!" but most were (obviously) mean. One said, "I hope the little demon comes out as horrible as you." I took a screenshot and then replied, "It's Niall's kid too. You want the baby Horan to be a demon? K."

"Harry!" I said, dragging him into the hotel corridor. "Sing!"

He sighed and started singing the song we'd come to be so familiar with.

"Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now

Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same

When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down

Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name-"

"Okay, that's good enough," I said. "Thanks." He nodded and went back in his room. I walked down the hall to Liam and Dani's room.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked when Liam opened the door.

He smiled and answered, "Definitely. What's up?" He stepped out into the hallway and let the door close.

"At the concert tonight, can you call Kate out onto the stage?" I asked.

"Sure, but why?"

I smiled a little and said, "It's a surprise."

He shrugged and muttered confusedly, "Okay. Whatever," as he went back into his room.

I walked back to mine and Niall's room and plopped on the bed. Niall walked out of the bathroom and laid on the bed next to me.

"I'm bored," I stated.

"Why don't you sleep?" he suggested.

I shrugged and somehow managed to fall asleep.

Niall woke me up about an hour later, telling me we had to leave. I sighed and grabbed my suitcase. I yawned as we went out in the hallway. Everyone met and Paul led us down to the lobby.

"Don't forget," I muttered quietly so only Liam and Harry could hear. They nodded as we got on the bus.

Once at the arena, it was almost like a routine for me: follow Niall to his dressing room, change into whatever outfit Lou wants me to wear, go do sound check, and wait for the boys' sound check to be over before we can do anything.

This time, Lou had me in a shirt with the Irish flag on it, since we were in Dublin. Niall gave me his shamrock necklace and Lou gave me matching earrings. She left my hair natural and applied the usual black mascara and eyeliner, but this time, she put green eyeshadow on me. She let me wear some regular trousers and my medium green Vans.

After both sound checks, I grabbed Harry's arm and dragged him toward Liam. I got Liam's arm and dragged them both away from everybody.

"Are you ready, Harry?" I asked. He nodded. "You, Liam?" He nodded also. "We got this."

"Opening for One Direction, Kayley Horan!" I gave Niall a quick kiss before I walked out on the stage.

I laughed into the mic once I got on stage and said, "I don't know who does the announcing all the time, but he finally got my name right!" I was met with screams from the crowd.