Chapter 23

Kayley's POV

"Opening for One Direction, here's Kayley Meyers!"

"Horan," I said under my breath as I walked onto the stage. Even with the ear pieces, I could still hear the screams.

I walked to the middle of the stage and said into the mic, "How is everyone tonight?" I was met with screams. "Great! Apparently, I'm the opening act! Didn't find out until like, eleven o'clock this morning, but here I am!"

Dan started playing his guitar and everybody quieted down. Not much, but just a bit to where I could hear myself think. Here goes...

Putting my defenses up
Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If I ever did that
I think I'd have a heart attack

Once the crowd realized what song it was, they went crazy. I actually got really into the song and was sad when it was over.

"I think I've found myself a new song!" I laughed. I was met with cheers. I smiled and licked my lips as I heard Jon start When I Was Your Man.

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same

The screams were even louder this time. More people knew that song, I supposed.

"Okay! Last song of the night, for me anyway!" I said when When I Was Your Man was over. "I hope you like it!"

Before I could even start singing, the screams were overwhelming. I smiled.

Once upon a time
A few mistakes ago
I was in your sights
You got me alone

When I was finished, I took the little pieces of plastic out of my ears and rested them on my shoulders. As soon as they were out of my ears, I flinched because it was so loud in there. I smiled even wider and looked out over the crowd. I saw people screaming, crying, booing, and even one or two people flipping me off. But I didn't care. I swear, in that moment, I was infinite. Okay, enough The Perks of Being A Wallflower quotes.

"To be honest, this was my second time performing in front of any type of crowd; the first being last night. Thank you for such a wonderful night and I hope you enjoy the rest of the concert! Thank you!" I could've sworn one of my eardrums burst. I smiled and waved as I walked off the stage.

"That was bloody fantastic!" Eleanor screamed as I collapsed into a chair. She and Louis were so much alike.

"Thanks," I gasped. Since I collapsed in the chair, I felt like I could sleep forever. I was so tired, so winded, my hands were shaking so badly it felt like there was an earthquake happening. I couldn't catch my breath. I suppose it was the adrenaline rush.

"Oh my gosh," I accidentally said out loud.

All the girls stopped their conversation and looked at me.

Alice asked, "What's wrong?"

I zoned out for a second and my eyes became unfocused. "How many seats does this arena have?"

"Twenty-thousand, why?" Kate answered.

"I just sang in front of twenty-thousand people."

"OH MY GOSH!" Dani yelled. She ran over and sat on my lap. She threw her arms around my neck.

I just wanted to rest. And rest I did.

***

"Kayley! Wake up!"

"No, Mum! Go away!" I moaned, blindly swinging my arms around like a wildman.

Suddenly, I felt weightless. I slowly opened my eyes to see black. I moved my head back and saw Niall's perfect blue eyes looking down at me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He started walking and I rrealized he was carrying me. Wait. If he was carrying me, then...