Chapter 15

Kayley's POV

I woke up feeling really tired. I had a full night of sleep, yet I felt as if I could sleep for another thousand years. I had that same weird pain in my lower stomach but I blew it off again. I sat up and flung my legs off the bed. Ugh, why was I so sore?

I got up and pulled a black sports bra on over my regular one. I grabbed a blue plaid button-up Hollister shirt and rolled up the sleeves. I buttoned all but the top few buttons and put on a pair of shorts. I slumped to the bathroom and closed the door to search for aspirin. I opened the cabinet and pulled out my medicine bag. (Yeah, I had a separate bag for my medicine than my regular toiletries. Haters gonna hate.)

I let Kate pack my stuff, so it wasn't a surprise when I saw a box of condoms. I rolled my eyes and pulled them out of the bag. I set them on the sink and saw a box of tampons staring me in the face. It made me realize I was late for my period. I pushed the thought away as I got a pinching pain in my stomach, reminding me what I went to the bathroom for. It was probably one of those weird months when you're late. I took the tampons out and dug through the rest of the bag. I dumped the whole bag on the floor. Honestly, I didn't expect to see three pregnancy tests lying on the floor.

Wait one bloody second. I was tired. My lower abdomen was sore. My period was late. I slowly tore my eyes away from the three boxes and looked straight ahead with wide eyes. I hastily threw everything back in the bag except for the three pink boxes. I put two of them on the sink and opened the first.

First test: two lines.

Second test: two lines.

I didn't even have to look at the third one to know that I was pregnant. I flushed the toilet and threw the tests in the trash. I put my elbows on the sink and rested my head in my hands. Cue the tears.

There was a knock on the door. "Kayley?" I heard Niall's muffled voice say through the door. How was I supposed to tell him I was pregnant?

"Yeah?" I said. My voice broke.

He opened the door and started, "Hey, I fixed the air condition-" he stopped himself. "What's wro- Kayley, what are... Are those... Oh my gosh, Kayley." I looked up at him and he was standing there with his eyes wide and hands covering his mouth. I weakly smiled at him to reassure him everything was fine, but the crying had to start again. A single tear made its way to my cheekbone before I brushed it off quickly. His hands dropped to his sides. He took a step forward and looked at the box closer. He dropped it out of shock and looked in the trash can. Niall took the three tests out, not caring that I'd peed on them.

"Positive," he muttered as he dropped the first back in the trash. "Positive," he repeated as he dropped the second back in the trash. "Positive," he repeated for the third time as he hesitantly dropped the last in the trash. I stood up straight as he walked over to the sink.

Niall wiped the tears off my face while he said, "We're having a baby?"

"We're having a baby," I confirmed. He smiled the widest smile I'd ever seen. He hugged me tighter than ever before, kissed me sweeter than ever before.

Niall ran a hand through his hair as he smiled again. "I'm gonna be a dad. Oh my gosh, Kayley, we're having a baby. We're having a baby! Oh my gosh!" There ya go. It just sank in.

"Niall, we're nineteen. I'm nineteen. I'm not ready for this yet. I'm not ready to carry a baby in my stomach for nine months. I'm not ready to give birth. I'm not ready to be a mother Niall. I'm just not ready!" I broke down in tears again.

He hugged me and whispered in my hair, "Shh, shh, Kayley. You're gonna be a great mother. You just have to believe in yourself. If you don't believe you can do something, how can you get it done?"