Chapter 23: Travels around Rexium

Play song whenever you want.
"Hey, Ian!" A cheerful teen says as she hugs Ian from behind. Ian is sitting down on a chair and eating breakfast. "Hey. How'd you sleep?" He asks the girl behind him. "It was ok. I mean, I'm still nervous that they told me about my national fencing tournament, but it was ok." The teen girl says.

      This was Ian's younger cousin. She has dark brown hair that can be mistaken for black that goes down to her shoulder, bright blue eyes that can match the clean parts of the ocean. She stands at 5' 9", only two inches shorter than her older cousin. She is wearing a blue hoodie that shows her fencing team's logo in the front and on the back it has all the other members of her fencing team, and a pair of shorts that end halfway her thighs.
     "Hey, don't worry about it. It isn't until like, what, next year? Just take it easy. I'm sure you can do it." Ian says, not wanting his cousin to be all stressed about the tournament, or at least not yet that is. The younger person nods as she sits down in front of Ian. She was happy that her cousin has been set free from Fusion Online, and there's a lot she wants to do with him, mostly because he's her idol and older cousin.

     "I made you breakfast. Eat up." Ian says kindly as he finishes his meal and takes his plate to the sink.
"Thanks." The short hair teen says as she starts eating her food. Ian smiles as he watches his cousin eat her food. Ian may have not been the best cousin before Fusion Online, but he will be the best person he can be now, because if he missed something from the real world, it was her.
"So, do you have anything planned for today?" She asks Ian, looking at Ian washing his plate. "Well. I'm kinda booked already. But I'm sure we can do something in the morning tomorrow." Ian says as he puts his plate away after he washed it manually. "Oh. Ok. I'll wait!" The female says with a bright smile. She has waited four years, so one day won't harm her. Besides, she has to go talk with some friends anyway. Ian smiles as he walks back to his cousin. "I'll see you in a while." Ian says as he walks up the stairs and into his room. Ian plops into bed. The ex-Mandalorian picks up his console that can send him to artificial places. The winner of Fusion Online grabs puts on his helmet like device. Once the device activates, he closes his eyes and enters CBO.
-----
Ian opens his eyes and looks around. He's still in the hotel room that his avatar slept in yesterday.
     "Better prepare for another day." He mumbles as he gets out of the small bed and stands up. "Abi? Where are you?" Ian calls for her in-game daughter. "Yes daddy?" A little voice says. Ian turns around and sees Abi looking up at him. Ian smiles as he kneels down to be at eye level with the AI.
     "Ready for another day?" The Hunter asks. The little girl nods multiple times. "Yes! I'm ready!" She affirms. Ian smiles as he stands up, and at the same time Abi jumps up and turns to her fairy form. Ian smirks as he exits his room with Abi sitting on his right shoulder.
-----
"When do you think she'll be here?" Abi asks as she floats around Ian's head. Ian shrugs his shoulders. It's been like an hour or so, and Ian has been playing several mini games with several people, and he's won all of them as of now. Most of them were chess and a few rounds of cards. Ian it's complaining, because he's gotten about 20,000 gold, making him semi rich at this point.
     "Sorry I'm late, I had to drag Nathan along. He was playing COD and, well, it sucks." Katherine says as she walks up to Ian with Nathan behind her. "Hey! It's a pretty good game." Nathan argues. Ian and Katherine look at him like if he just said the worst joke ever. "Anyways! Nathan has agreed to scout ahead." Katherine says, quickly changing the topic. Ian puts his money away and look at Nathan.
     "Wait, weren't you wearing Musketeer armor and clothing last time I saw you?" Ian asks.
"Yes. I was. I was trying out a new character, which I thought it would be cool, but musketeers are not as good as I thought." Nathan says. He is now wearing archer clothing, with a quiver equipped to his back and is carrying a bow in his right arm. The bow is green with red stripes, and the string is colored black.
     "Isn't it to early for Christmas?" Ian asks as he stands up. "It's a purple level Bow I got during a Christmas event. I'm not gonna use it just during Christmas." Nathan answers. Ian nods as he walks out, followed by the archer and the female Musketeer.
--------
"Ha!" Ian grunts as he finishes off a spider mob. The spider screeches before exploding into shards of harmless glass. Ian smiles as the winning report screen appears, showing Ian the amount of XP and currency he acquired from defeating the mob.
"Nice." Nathan days as he slings his bow around his back. Katherine smiles as she sheathes her sword on the scabbard she has around her waist. Ian places his sword oh his back. "Yea. Now let's keep moving." He says as he walks deeper into the forest, right now, they haven't reached any of the Trees of Life. Ian, however, has reached level 63, only 5 levels away from Nathan and 6 from Katherine. They've been grinding mobs for almost 5 hours now, and Ian is the only one who's increase sharply and acquired new sword skills and magic abilities. The trio keep walking foreword as Nathan checks the map. "Alright. The Tree of Will should be right around there." He says, pointing towards the exit of the forest. Ian and the others walk out of the first and are greeted by a massive tree, bigger than the Pyramid of Giza. "Well. What are we waiting for. Turn to do the same raid again." Nathan says as he walks towards the massive trunk of the tree. Ian stops Nathan by grabbing his shoulder. Nathan looks back at Ian. "What's wrong?" The archer asks.
"I'm doing this by myself." Ian says as he stands in front of two giant doors that lead into the trunk of the tree. "What! Are you crazy!" Katherine exclaims. No one has ever done one of the tree raids by themselves. The least amount of players were two in a duo, which were Nathan and Katherine, and that took them half their fortune and three days of trial and error before completing the tree.