Chapter 19: Knight Strategos

A few days have passed since the couple found Abby. They searched most of Wayland's beginning towns and have found nothing. They asked people, orphanage, local Alliances, but everything seemed futile. The couple and Abby eventually start walking back to the hotel they are staying at when they hear a few shrieks coming from an alleyway. The three quickly run to the place and see several clones and Spartans blocking the exit to the alleyway and a few kids cowering in fear.
"Just give us any credits you have and you'll be left alone, it's for a good cause after all." A clone player says, his armor being colored white with blue markings. The Spartans are also colored white with blue markings.
"Oh great..." Ian mutters. As much as he wants to help, he is also exhausted from asking around about Abby's parents. Ian looks at his wife and notices that she isn't as tired as him, so she quickly jumped over the crowd of players and landed in front of the kids. Ian sighs and jumps as well with Abi on his back.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the Sword Defendant Heather." The clone says. "Well. Get out of the way or face the consequence." He warns, taking out a plasma katana.
Heather doesn't reply. She just takes out her vibrosword and prepares to fight. The clone laughs as if he's going up against a noob. "Well boys, watch and learn." He tells his team. He then lunges foreword and attempts to slice her head off. Heather ducks and avoids the attack. She swiftly retaliates with several jabs to his chest, sending him stumbling backwards and falling on the ground. Heather walks up to the clone and puts her foot on his chest, and a grunt could be heard from the clone.
"Now you listen well. I don't care what alliance you are. I don't care if you are the leader of your own alliance. But if you ever. Ever. Try to hurt little children again. I'll make sure your head won't be connected to your neck. Got it?" Heather threatens the clone and his teammates. The clone player nods quickly in fear. "Now go!" Heather commands as she releases the player. The clone quickly gets up in fear and flees, along with his team. Heather walks back to Ian and the children.
The children surround Heather and start jumping in joy that they were save. Heather laughs happily with the children and talks with them for a while.

"So Abby, does this place seem familiar?" Ian asks the little girl on his back. Abi looks up at the sun. "Darkness....isolation..." She murmurs. "Did you say something?" Ian says. Before anything else happens, Abu shrieks in pain as her eyes widen and her pupils shrink down. "Abby!" Heather cries as she runs to Ian and catches Abby before she falls on the floor.
"I got you Abby...I got you." Heather says in a comforting voice as she takes Abby to the shade. "What happened?" Heather asks his husband. "I don't know...," he replies ,"...she just...glitch or something."
"What!? That's impossible!" Heather says. "I know, but it happened." Ian tells Heather. Heather sighs and looks back at Abby. "Let's take the children to back were they belong." Heather says as she carries Abby in her arms. Ian nods as he walks to the children and ask them were they live. The kids tell him and lead the way. After several minutes of walking, they finally reach an orphanage. It's nothing much, just a big building that looks like a cathedral.

"Oh my gosh there you are!" A teen player says as she runs I the children, hugging them. "Don't run off like that again. You nearly gave me a heart attack." She says, looking at the kids with watery eyes. The kids immediately start talking about their adventure they've had and about Ian and Heather. "That's good. Now go inside, food is almost ready." The teen tells the children as they run inside happily. "I'm assuming you are Heather and Caliber?" The teen asks.
"That is correct." Heather replies. "Wonderful!"' The teen says. "I apologize for the children dragging you to save them. Sometimes they slip by me and get in trouble." She sighs. "Besides the point, come in, come in. Foods almost ready so I can offer you some for helping out." She says.
"Thank you." Heather says as she walks inside, followed by Ian who also thanks the teen.
-----
"So that's what happened." Heather tells the story about how they found Abby.
"That's interesting." The teen, whose name is Zoey, replies.
"So I was wondering if you know her." Heather says as she looks at Abby who is sitting on a chair next to her. "I'm afraid I don't." Zoey says, a bit sad that she couldn't be of any help.
"Well. It's ok. I'm hate we will find her parents soon." Heather says. A loud abrupt knock is heard though out the room. The trio walk to the door. Zoey reaches for the door knob and opens the door. The trio see a female clone wearing white and blue armor, she has no helmet and has red, loose hair that goes down to her back. Her orange eyes scan the trio as she bows down. "Heather, Caliber, I am in need of assistance!" She says, bowing repeatedly.
"Uh....first off...who are you?" Ian asks. "Oh yes. My name is Captain Hella Doin of the Fusion Freedom Association." Hella introduced herself. "Ok. Now that we know who you are. I would like to say that several of your men harassed a few children earlier today. I would like an explanation." Heather says, looking at the captain in a bit of disappointment that she could have let that happen.
"Yes. I am sincerely sorry. Ever since our leader, General Zato, got capture by Commander Richard....things have gotten out of hand. The FFA is in deep turmoil about what to do. If it wasn't for those men, I would have never found you two." She apologizes and explains what has happened.
"So...where is your General?" Heather asks, already wanting to help.
"Y-you don't want to know more about what has happened?" Hella inquires, confused that they so willingly want to help out.
"You can fill us in detail later. Just tell us where to go and we'll get him back." Heather says as she walks outside. Ian follows her with Abby on his back.
-----
"So that's what happened, huh?" Ian says, taking in the information.
"That is correct." Hella replies. The four propel have walked into a dungeon that has only recently been discovered. The dungeon is a maze of tunnels, and only a few orange lights illuminate the tunnels. The black wall is filthy and covered in some weird goo that drips to the floor. The horrendous stench fills each tunnel, but the team have gotten use to it by now.
     "How much further till we make it?" Heather asks Hella, who is holding a holographic projector on her hand with a map being displayed. "A few more turns and we'll make it." Hella answers, looking at the map. Heather nods as she continues walking through the tunnel.
"Make a right." Hella directs as the four turn right into another tunnel. As soon as the team take a step inside, multiple Promethean Soldiers appear holding lightrifles and ready for a fight. "I'll handle this." Ian says as he takes out his yellow sentinel lightsaber and activates its. The yellow blade ejects from the hilt and illuminates softly.