Chapter 14: General Grievious

Warning. Warning. Very long chapter. Almost 4-5 times longer than my regular sized chapters. Just thought you wanted to be warned of the chapter's length :P

Ian shifts to his right, avoiding getting slashed by a Vibroblade. The commando droid lunges forward and slashes horizontally from left to right, forcing Ian to jump back.as Ian jumps back, he draws his left Westar and quickly fires six yellow laser at the opponents head, causing critical damage. The droid stumbles backwards, the impact of the blaster being to much for him. Ian backflips in mid-air to avoid landing on his back. The droid regains his balance, his blade firmly held by both his metallic hands. Ian rushes at him, slices him diagonally from right to left, followed by a step forward so he is side by side with the commando droid. Ian immediately turns to face the droid and slices him from left to right, spins around and moves to where the droid's back is and slashes downward from to left, but because of the momentum, Ian's back is facing the droid. The droid takes this opportunity and rotates his torso to face Ian, and swings his sword horizontally from right to left. Ian ducks and avoids the attack, and followed by him turning around and lunging to his final side, slicing him diagonally from right to left. A green 2D rhombus appears, surrounding the droid. The rhombus expands backwards as the commando droid screeches in pan before shattering into a million pieces of glass. Ian sighs. This is how it's been for the past couple of months. No progress has been made so far. Ever since last year, people gave up on hope. They decided to stop fighting and buy a house and live normally. Ian, however, didn't, and neither did his friends. Ian checks his drops. Mostly EXP and Credits. But the thing that he was looking for was mapping. He has successfully mapped the entire dungeon, with the exception of the interior of boss room itself. Ian smirks as he sheathes his Vibrosword away.

"Hey Ian!" Heather happily says, running towards the Mandalorian. Ian turns around, surprised yet happy, to see Heather here. "Hey. What's up?"Ian replies, taking his helmet off. Heather, however, doesn't, because she isn't wearing her armor, just her simple everyday clothes. Which, if you don't know, is a purple long sleeve shirt and black pants.
"Why are you not wearing your armor?" Ian asks. Heather thinks about it for a while before she answers. "I don't know." She giggles. "I guess I forgot to equip it." She guessed, not totally convincing. "Ok..." Ian says, still not convinced at her answer. "Anyway. Why are you here?" Ian asks. "Well. I got bored so I decided to come with you." Heather answers, this time her answer sounds convincing. "Alright. I've just finished mapping the entire dungeon. I'm coming back tomorrow to see what boss is inside." Ian tells Heather why he's at the dungeon. Mapping is not an easy process. First you must find the mini boss and defeat him, that's when one section of the map reveals. You do this six times, each mini boss getting harder and harder. Once all six are defeated, the entire map is filled and the boss room is revealed.

"I assume I arrived late then." Heather sweat drops, anime style. "Sorta. Yea." Ian replies. "It's already 3 P.M. Want to grab something to eat?" Ian invites Heather to lunch. "Yes!" She immediately replies. "I mean...yea sure." She says. Ian chuckles at this. Heather blushes a bit, looking away. "W-what are you laughing at!?" Heather pouts. "C'mon, let's go." Ian says, grabbing his warp crystal. Heather does the same and they both teleport to the nearest town.
-----
"So you really mapped the entire dungeon?" Heather asks, shocked, even though Ian told her about it back at the dungeon. "For the last time, yes. I did it." Ian says, eating his food. The both of them are in a nearby town's restaurant. "How long did it take?" Heather asks. Ian sighs. "About a week or so." He answers. Heather nods and take a bite out of her food. "So aren't you suppose to be in duty right now?" Ian asks. Ian rarely sees Heather, and watching her just randomly come up to him in the dungeon is not natural. "So you DON'T want me around." Heather says, insulted and hurt. "W-what! N-no that wasn't what I was headed for!" Ian defends himself, raising his hands up and shaking them from side to side. "I'm just messing with you. Yea I am. But today I decided to leave Max in charge." Heather explains her reason for not working. "That makes sense...I guess." Ian replies, finishing whatever is left of his food. "Yea well. The Fusion Freedom Association is going to raid the boss tomorrow. The Spartan Republic would do it, but we exhausted our ammunition on defense so far and we won't get supplies till next week. So, knowing you, you'll probably want to attack it so you can find out its attack pattern for when the actual raid begins. Am I correct?" Heather says, placing her elbows on the table, her arm in a 55 degree angle and resting her chin on her hands. Ian chuckles once, a bit surprised that she figured him out. "You are correct. I don't know this boss, so I want to see who it is and how powerful it is. I'm doing it tomorrow." Ian says, paying the bill for the food. "Then I'll meet you at the entrance of the dungeon tomorrow at 10 A.M." Heather happily says, standing up. "Deal." Ian smirks, also happy about what they're about to do. Heather walks out of the restaurant and goes the house where she was stationed at. Ian leaves as well, but heads to a hotel.
-----
"Where...the fuck...is she..." Ian says, barely keeping his eyes open. He was somewhat exhausted from last night. He barely had any rest, for he was going over the map. He wanted to find the quickest route to the dungeon room. Suddenly, a blue Promethean warp portal opens in front of Ian. "What the-" Is Ian can say before a screaming Heather jumps out of the portal. "Watch out!" She screams, hitting Ian as they both roll backwards before stopping. Ian is on the floor, with Heather laying on top of him. Ian moves his hand to find it on something soft and a bit squishy. "What the?" Ian says, moving his hand. Heather screams and slaps him so hard, it literally sends him flying and tumbling all the way to a nearby light post, which is about 20 yards away. "Ow..." Ian mutters, his back rested on the post. Ian shakes his head and looks ahead of him. He sees Heather covering her stomach, her face red as a tomato. Ian looks at his right hand, and then back at Heather. "YOU PERVERT!!!" Heather yells at him, loud enough to be heard across the street and the city. "JUST CAUSE I LANDED ON YOU DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN JUST TOUCH ME." Heather keeps on telling at Ian. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry." Ian repeats over and over, wincing at her screams. Ian stands up and walks a few steps foreward. A few seconds later, a man wearing white with dark purple trim Locust Spartan Armor. The only thing he has unequipped is his helmet, which reveals a 40 year old man. Heather runs behind Ian, placing her hand on his shoulders and taking a peak at the man. Ian looks at Heather, confused, and then to the Spartan. "Ms. Heather, I was only doing my job of ensuring your safety." He says in a simple and calm tone. "Yea right! You're a creep that watched me though my window the entire night!" Heather angrily retorts.
     "What's going on?" Ian asks, still confused.